Can I get Sling TV through Kodi?
Hey Guys -

I use Kodi on many devices and consider myself a more advanced user. My primary Kodi system is a dedicated Windows 10 workstation which connects to my main TV via HDMI. Most of my media is accessed on a 42tb drive pool over the LAN, but still need the lice TV option - especially for sports - so - yesterday, I signed up for a 7 day trial of SlingTV and choose the Orange+Blue package +Sports. As with many other similar multimedia apps, I assumed there would be a Kodi add-on waiting for me to install, but was incorrect.

The only add-on I found which seemed to have promise was "Sling Client" yet it failed to install. I was going to download the zip and manually install, but when looking for it online, found out the add-on was for SlingBox - not SlingTV - which is a completely different service. Therefore, the only Kodi integration I have currently configured for it is a home shortcut which takes you to an "Advanced Installer" list where you may launch SlingTV's EXE from it's standard Windows installer. Even when doing this, I cannot control / navigate within the app using my remote (I use my TV remote via a Flirc USB stick.) Also, I can't seem to find a way to close it (to go back to Kodi) as I can do using Ctrl-W when using "Chrome Launcher".

Does anyone know if there is an add-on is development - or - perhaps a better workaround? SlingTV supports many platforms including two that support Windows 10 system (a standard application and a Win10 App Store app. It would obviously be ideal for it to work in Kodi just as it does in its native app and even include a program guide, but all I want to be able to do is be able to launch it from within Kodi, navigate and play content, then switch back to Kodi - all using my remote. Perhaps I could find a way to navigate the SlingTV app using EventGhost then assign keys to another device on my remote which I can program using Flirc.

Anyways, if anyone has any news, information, or suggestions; please let me know - Thanks! Big Grin
- BzowK -
I've been struggling to find a way to get Sling TV on my Firestick (even through side loading) and I read a post on here that it doesn't work with it...but it was 2yrs old.

I very well might just be an idiot but I just signed up for the free trial through Sling TV but can't believe the trouble I'm having to even try it out.

Thanks in advance!
http://help.sling.com/articles/en_US/FAQ...on-Fire-TV
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Is that a not so subtle hint that it doesn't, or to reach out to them? I just figured that since it's jailbroken, that may not be something they'd offer support help to.
I'm having the same exact issue and just signed up for SlingTV - had you ever figured anything out?
Threads merged
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I've got a similar setup to the original poster. I'm using HTPCs, connected via HDMI to my TV, running Windows / Kodi. I recently cut the cord with U-Verse when YouTube TV became available in my area, and gave Sling a 7 day free trial... but cancelled it because the interface sucked, in both the Windows app & Chrome, in conjunction with my desire to use a remote. Sadly, I was very impressed with the value for the offerings / service / dvr capabilities, but found it unusable for my setup.

While YouTube TV has its own issues, thus far I've been impressed. Unlimited DVR and, with the exception of CNN, Comedy Central, Cartoon Network and (one of my faves) MeTV, it has pretty much all the channels we need. The most idiotic decision though, which I CANNOT understand, was the decision to not use the 10 foot interface that they already had in place with http://youtube.com/tv.

If any of the cord-cutting options, YouTube, Sling, DirectTV, etc. had a supported Kodi add-on, providing the type of interface we're already using to watch tv, that would be perfect.

As it is, I'm currently experimenting with the IPTV services that have Kodi addons, and there is great promise there. Guess we'll see.
So just to confirm, there is no Sling TV add-on for Kodi? The only way to get Sling TV + Kodi at the same time would be via a front end such as Android TV (or other)?
I'm +1 this post.  Hopefully someone has an answer...
There is none. You can use the Sling TV app that is available for the FireTV.
There isn't an addon, but it appears there could be using the same libwidevine support as other things. https://linuxconfig.org/watch-sling-tv-w...x-on-linux

Trouble is most of the guys doing libwidevine stuff are german and probably can't do much work on this. @peak3d know anybody that might want to work on this?
Why not ask sling, YouTube  etc to support kodi? They hold the keys. 

Trouble is, they want to keep you in their ecosystem. Full stop.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-01-28, 01:29)natethomas Wrote: There isn't an addon, but it appears there could be using the same libwidevine support as other things. https://linuxconfig.org/watch-sling-tv-w...x-on-linux

Trouble is most of the guys doing libwidevine stuff are german and probably can't do much work on this. @peak3d know anybody that might want to work on this?
I'll support the widevine things if someone make the python stuff to read out the media links.
(2018-01-29, 00:34)peak3d Wrote:
(2018-01-28, 01:29)natethomas Wrote: There isn't an addon, but it appears there could be using the same libwidevine support as other things. https://linuxconfig.org/watch-sling-tv-w...x-on-linux

I'll support the widevine things if someone make the python stuff to read out the media links. 
 Hm, American who does live streaming stuff... @eracknaphobia Any interest?
Did anyone take this up?

If not, I can have a look.
I have made quite a few Widevine add-ons (mainly for NZ services).

I would go my usual route or pretty much "simulating" the android app.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I get Sling TV through Kodi?0