Kodi 17.3 freezes after 15 sec from start
Hello
New user to Kodi, first time writer to forum.
Got a new comp, friend installed win 10 on it, downloaded Kodi 17.3 from windows store,Kodi starts normally but freezes after 15-20 sec.
No KODI ever installed before on comp,
Comp is :
Dell Inspirion 3542
I5-4210u
4 gb ram
intel integrated graphics + nvidia 920
win 10 pro,ver. 1703,OS build 15063.483

Log data is here https://pastebin.com/ibKHtpa6
Tried to disable one graphics card in device manager ( nvidia) no difference, tried to assign Nvidia to kodi from nvidia command center- no difference.

P.S. I tried other release Kodi 16.1, 17, 17.1..... No difference, program starts normally and freezes after 15-20 sec.

Please help
Can you please try running kodi as a user with no special characters in the username?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I created another user without special characters and kodi works normally !!!!!!

Thanks for the solution, Is there a way to use Kodi on my user ? any idea?

Cheers
this just made me think of this video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

2:01 minutes in...

"Unless your 7, or your name is Prince"
I don't know, I was tipped off by
Quote:ERROR: CPythonInvoker(0, C:\Users\Nebojša Popović\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.xbmc.versioncheck\service.py): can't convert filename "C:\Users\Nebojša Popović\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.xbmc.versioncheck\service.py" to system encoding

As an english speaker I have rarely had to deal with encoding or internationalisation problems. So it was just an educated guess, with no idea how to fix it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.3 freezes after 15 sec from start0