new build crashes on visualization
aright got it working, my library/posters have been fixed.
video still wont show.

i think i did come across a bug though, if it is infact a bug, ive tried the exact thing 2-3 times now. when i play music, xbmc minimizes, and i get a windows error dialogue box saying:

"this application has failed because xbox_dx8.dll was not found. " during this time, my music continues to play, clicking ok just pops up the dialogue box again, and clicking xbmc minimzed icon doesnt do anything. i have to end program to quit.

i have posted the end of my log file here:

http://pastebin.com/m3a43e9bd
Same here
I assume you mean 'rev #12185'. You have to delete the entire visualisations folder and replace it with the one in the zip.
most of the visualizations aren't ported yet. Just choose one of the two which are in the archive (waveform or opengl_spektrum). They have a _win32 suffix to indicate the platform Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
nmirza Wrote:i have posted the end of my log file here:

http://pastebin.com/m3a43e9bd

post the full log. From your log:
Code:
20:29:27 T:5112 M:329695232   ERROR: NativeDllLoader: Unable to load C:\Documents and Settings\Nadir Mirza\Desktop\xbmc\1.XBMC-SVN_2008-03-09_rev11970-T3CH\XBMC\visualisations\milkdrop.vis
Is this really during playing a video? Looks like starting the visualisation during music play.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
actually thats during music playback, it crashes when loading visulation. when i dsiable visualization it works fine. anywayas suggested above i'll replace the vis directory with the ones included in the new build i'll also provide log for vid playback, as i've tried many different formats, i get no video on any of them.
Yep, I need the log of the video playback. Curious video works for me. Only tested a few formats but all working fine.
here is a log:

http://pastebin.com/m78fe0d7a

to make your life slightly easier sifting throguh this, here are the three vids i layed and their properties:

1. Waterworld: 1080p mkv - approx 10 gb , properties show codec: H.264 (MPEG-4 AVC) and audio: DTS
With this, there was no video, and additionally sound was just really loud garbled static.

2. Three days of the condor: 720p approx 7 gb, video: H.264 (MPEG-4 AVC) Audio: DTS.
same problem, no video, sound was also static but i could here some slight background sound coming throguh.

3. little miss sunshine. audio is mp3, video is avi file not sure if xvid or divx. audio came thriguh fine but no video.

for the 1080p content i normally use coreavc and it plays without any problems, including sound.
Tested with killa.sampla.x264.mkv:
Code:
INFO: ffmpeg: Input #0, matroska, from 'E:\XBMC_Testfiles\killa.sampla.x264.mkv':
INFO: ffmpeg:   Duration: 00:00:23.0, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
INFO: ffmpeg:     Stream #0.0: Video: h264, yuv420p, 1920x1080 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 tb(r)
INFO: ffmpeg:     Stream #0.1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5:1
The video and sound is sometimes a little choppy (could be due to my old PC) but it plays fine in fullscreen or window mode.
http://pastebin.com/m79f746a8

ok so i removed my old version, did a fresh install of xbmc, cleared user application data, to see if that woudl fix any of my problems. now xbmc just crashes as soon as i click xbmc.exe. the log says keyboardmap.xml not found.
That's because there is no keyboardmap file -> ok.
Hard to say why it now crashes. All sdl, glew, etc libraries are there?
yes everything else is there. i looked in the languaged>english directory and yes that file isnt there, neither was it present in my old install. which is curious because i dont know why its trying to find that file to begin with. i tried a reinstall...same problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new build crashes on visualization0