Win Subtitles always displaying on 3D mkv
I have a BluRay, Avatar 3D that I own, and, I took it and used a tool called bd32dmk3d which is basically just a GUI that uses multiple tools to convert to a mkv TAB style 3d. The subtitles are marked as not forced, though, it does contain a few forced subs. Subtitles are disabled in Kodi 17.3. But, when I play the mk3d, it always shows them! Looking at subtitles in the player, they are off. Playing the file in vlc does not show them, they are not hard coded or embedded in the video. Checking with Mediainfo shows the "track" is not marked as forced. Yet, they play, no matter what I do. I also checked with mkvmerge and even re-generated the mkv file, and they play still and I cannot disable them using T to toggle them to off (which they already are). I switched to confluence skin on the off chance, same result.

So, not sure why the 3d mkv file is always showing subtitles? What have I missed? Any potential hints? I am not clear what type of subtitles can be played in Kodi within a mkv file, with forced and unforced subs, only vobsub? BD SUP?

Mediainfo shows this for the subs:

Code:
Text
ID                                       : 3
Format                                   : PGS
Codec ID                                 : S_HDMV/PGS
Codec ID/Info                            : Picture based subtitle format used on BDs/HD-DVDs
Title                                    : English 3D (BD SUP)
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : No
Forced                                   : No
A debug log (wiki) may assist, as may a sample of the file.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
What happens when you delete the subs with MKVMerge? (you could save them out, then reload).
I will get a log and small sample, however, what happens when I delete the subs out is they are out, no subtitles are displayed. Already did that. If I understand correctly what you asked.

EDIT: Turning out not quite as fast as I would like. Converting my Star Trek collection of BluRays. Meanwhile, I had already gone another way and made 2 separate subtitle streams, one forced one for the all forced subs since one would always want to see what the non English speakers are saying, and, one for all subtitled. That of course works.

Gravity 3D which I just completed had only one stream, but none of them were forced. That one works.

So, will have to redo the Avatar one and see if the mix confuses things the second time around. Will report back.
I was not able to replicate this problem. Perhaps it was a glitch in the Kodi system, or, perhaps it was a glitch in the file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles always displaying on 3D mkv0