Win Server 2016 SMB share can't access files
Hi guys,

this week i updated my Server from 2012 to 2016 last build.
Deduplication is active on the Server.
SMB1 support is installed.
Rights are set to anyone.

Shared my Media folder as usual.

- 1st problem couldn't access with username and password, but with domain\user and password i could connect.
browsing all folders is working now
- 2nd problem can't open any media files on my share. "One ore more items failed to play"

Has anyone the same problem?

Cheers

Juergen

LOG:

https://pastebin.com/S1GKwWkH
Hi Juergen,

Just a couple of things:
- First of all, this is not a complete log file. Problems can start at any point, you know?
- Secondly, all log files are to be provided via an external textupload near you, such as pastebin.com.

Quote:Can't open any media files on my share
Has anything changed in the path to your media files? Because Kodi does store the complete path, including network protocol, for each video file.
Thx Klojum,

updated the post.

I deleted the old video link, removed files from DB and added a new one. Files still not accessible.
In light of all of the WannaCry troubles, Kodi has basically moved on to SMB v2 and up.

Perhaps you can install/enable SMB 2 or 3 as well on your Windows Server, perhaps that is your missing link.

See for info: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help...nd-windows
OK deactivated smb 1, now I'm getting timeouts. Still can see my server, but not connect. Es Explorer is working.

Thx
OK my vu+ and both aftv are still not working. Switched to NFS, now I can access my files again.
Searched the Internet for a solution, some people seem to have the same problem, but no solution for server 2016 and smb access.

Thx for helping.
Since SMB1 is disabled by default in Server 2016, did you configure Kodi to use SMB2 or SMB3 (Settings > Services > SMB Client, needs Advanced level settings enabled)? I think the default in Kodi 17.4 on Android is probably to continue trying to use SMB1 even when this is disabled on the server (hence the timeout error).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Server 2016 SMB share can't access files0