Apple TV 4k. /sidloading kodi
Anyone know if possible to sideload kodi on the new Apple TV 4k
I was told it has no USB c type . So how we do it then. Thx.
Holy crap you are right!

Is this Apple's way of stopping the third party installsHuh

I simply thought a USB to Lightning Cable you fix it.... but the Apple site says the lightning port is specific to charging only.

Wow... looks like the ATV4 has just become a keeper!
I guess we'll see how it will work with the resigning and everything. But the new Xcode 9 supports installing and debugging apps via the network, no USB cord needed. So the developer port might've been removed by Apple because at least "regular" developers won't need it.

Quote:Cut the Cord
Choose any of your iOS or tvOS devices on the local network to install, run, and debug your apps – without a USB cord plugged into your Mac. Simply click the ‘Connect via Network’ checkbox the first time you use a new iOS device, and that device will be available over the network from that point forward. Wireless development also works in other apps, including Instruments, Accessibility Inspector, Quicktime Player, and Console.
I really don't understand the attraction in buying an Apple product to run Kodi on, it just seems like a complete PITA to play cat and mouse with Apple rather than just buy something that you can easily install Kodi on. Maybe I'm missing something here Smile
(2017-09-20, 09:55)FXB78 Wrote: I really don't understand the attraction in buying an Apple product to run Kodi on, it just seems like a complete PITA to play cat and mouse with Apple rather than just buy something that you can easily install Kodi on. Maybe I'm missing something here Smile
I have tried a number of different android box and while they do run Kodi very well The hardware ( with the exception of the shield) feels so cheap I would be worried that left plugged in my house could burn down. Totally agree that hoops must be jumped thru however if you use Apple Music,photos, AirPlay, screen sharing it is a no brainer to stick with Apple.
Anyone have 4k and tried to connect using Xcode 9
(2017-09-20, 09:44)manhas Wrote: I guess we'll see how it will work with the resigning and everything. But the new Xcode 9 supports installing and debugging apps via the network, no USB cord needed. So the developer port might've been removed by Apple because at least "regular" developers won't need it.

Quote:Cut the Cord
Choose any of your iOS or tvOS devices on the local network to install, run, and debug your apps – without a USB cord plugged into your Mac. Simply click the ‘Connect via Network’ checkbox the first time you use a new iOS device, and that device will be available over the network from that point forward. Wireless development also works in other apps, including Instruments, Accessibility Inspector, Quicktime Player, and Console.

This might make things even easier for users that only have the free account since they wouldn't have to unplug the Apple TV and connect it to a computer which could potentially be in another room.

The only downside is that it will probably only work with Xcode unless the developers for the other tools find a way to handle wireless app installs.

(2017-09-20, 09:55)FXB78 Wrote: I really don't understand the attraction in buying an Apple product to run Kodi on, it just seems like a complete PITA to play cat and mouse with Apple rather than just buy something that you can easily install Kodi on. Maybe I'm missing something here Smile

Some people already had an Apple TV, so getting Kodi is just a bonus...

There's also the fact that people may just be in the Apple ecosystem and have a bunch of purchased movies and tv shows from the iTunes Store (yes, I know there are ways to download and decrypt them)

I personally have an Apple TV for things like Airplay, Apple Music, and so on... having Kodi on the same box is certainly a nice bonus (I'm not a big fan of the MrMC themes...)
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
I have tried a number of different android box and while they do run Kodi very well The hardware ( with the exception of the shield) feels so cheap I would be worried that left plugged in my house could burn down. Totally agree that hoops must be jumped thru however if you use Apple Music,photos, AirPlay, screen sharing it is a no brainer to stick with Apple.
Yes you can.On ATV4/4K go to settings Remotes and Devices>Remote App and Devices. Then open Xcode 9 on your Mac go to Window>Device and Simulators , select your Apple TV4/4K then pair your ATV4/4K enter the code then side load wireless Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Installed kodi on both of my brand new Apple TV 4k! Wireless took me a few minutes to figure out but all in all was pretty easy. Works great!!! Thank you for all the great info and hard work.
anyone having issues with the tvOS 11? my Apple TV updated to 11 and I lost all addons and the ability to install them.
@buckslayr did you try playing any 4K content? I sideloaded with no problems, it works fine. But I checked the UI resolution it is 1080p. I was wondering that if would it play any 4K content. I don't have anything to try at them moment.
(2017-09-23, 20:09)buckslayr Wrote: Installed kodi on both of my brand new Apple TV 4k! Wireless took me a few minutes to figure out but all in all was pretty easy. Works great!!! Thank you for all the great info and hard work.

great job
(2017-09-23, 20:09)buckslayr Wrote: Installed kodi on both of my brand new Apple TV 4k! Wireless took me a few minutes to figure out but all in all was pretty easy. Works great!!! Thank you for all the great info and hard work.

i only have free developer account and it won't install, a valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.

Did you use the tvOS build (I haven't seen an updated one since the new Apple TV came out) or can you use the iOS build?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 4k. /sidloading kodi0