Can Android box's do wireless headphones?
Hey guys, small question.

I have a MINIX Neo U1. I want to invest in a wireless headset. I'll be using it for my PS4 as well and need a built in mic, so I can't go the full on stereo headphones route.

Quetion is, does the MINIX Neo U1 support wireless headsets? The pair I'm looking at have a 2.5mhz transmitter that you plug into a USB port. 

Will I run into complications with this? Should I look into another form of wireless connectivity? (Bluetooth, Infrared)

Thanks in advance!
No one use wireless headphones? Sad
I have used the Avantree Bluetooth transmitter with my headsets. Works well from television => headset, literally no lag. Do not have a U1 anymore, so can not comment on if your device will work with the dongle. It is rechargeable or USB powered. A bit of a pain to pair at times, but when paired works well.
(2017-11-01, 18:01)cwh060 Wrote: I have used the Avantree Bluetooth transmitter with my headsets. Works well from television => headset, literally no lag. Do not have a U1 anymore, so can not comment on if your device will work with the dongle. It is rechargeable or USB powered. A bit of a pain to pair at times, but when paired works well.

So I'm assuming that type of transmitter would only work with Bluetooth compatible headsets?
(2017-11-02, 01:16)u4icsmith Wrote:
(2017-11-01, 18:01)cwh060 Wrote: I have used the Avantree Bluetooth transmitter with my headsets. Works well from television => headset, literally no lag. Do not have a U1 anymore, so can not comment on if your device will work with the dongle. It is rechargeable or USB powered. A bit of a pain to pair at times, but when paired works well.

So I'm assuming that type of transmitter would only work with Bluetooth compatible headsets?

That's right. And you only get low-latency if your headset supports the aptx low-latency codec.
(2017-11-02, 01:39)d\Wooluf Wrote:
(2017-11-02, 01:16)u4icsmith Wrote:

That's right. And you only get low-latency if your headset supports the aptx low-latency codec.

Alright, thanks. I don't think the headset I'm looking at would work then, considering they work via a 2.5ghz transmitter. Appreciate the info.
(2017-11-02, 03:58)u4icsmith Wrote:
(2017-11-02, 01:39)d\Wooluf Wrote:
(2017-11-02, 01:16)u4icsmith Wrote: So I'm assuming that type of transmitter would only work with Bluetooth compatible headsets?

Alright, thanks. I don't think the headset I'm looking at would work then, considering they work via a 2.5ghz transmitter. Appreciate the info.

Well, I guess it's possible that the drivers you need for the headset you're looking at are baked into Android. I wouldn't put my money down unless you can find someone who's gotten it to work, or at least get the vendor to say that it will work. On the subject of Bluetooth, the box may already have it. My cheap s905x Beelink does, but the audio is crap and laggy.
(2017-11-02, 08:17)d\Wooluf Wrote:
(2017-11-02, 03:58)u4icsmith Wrote:
(2017-11-02, 01:39)d\Wooluf Wrote: That's right. And you only get low-latency if your headset supports the aptx low-latency codec.

Well, I guess it's possible that the drivers you need for the headset you're looking at are baked into Android. I wouldn't put my money down unless you can find someone who's gotten it to work, or at least get the vendor to say that it will work. On the subject of Bluetooth, the box may already have it. My cheap s905x Beelink does, but the audio is crap and laggy.
Ok cool, thanks man.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Android box's do wireless headphones?0