v17 all source files vanished
Hello,

I am running Kodi Krypton 17.6 on a Raspberry Pi3 with Raspbian Jessie. USB stick mounted in there with all music files, succesfuly indexed through Kodi MySQL. Listened to it the last weeks through network on Raspi, Andorid phone, iPad, Windows PC and also used iTunes (as all files are part of the media library).

Now I am trying to access the stick - does not work. Looks like it did not mount properly. Well, still have the Windows PC, put it in there and yes, could access it. But in my 'Audio' directory there is no itunes library anymore, all music files are gone! There is nothing except a WPsettings.dat and a IndexerVolumeGuid with each 1KB size. Clicking on the dat connects me to Kodi on Windows. That is why I am asking for support here.

Looking on the properties of the stick by the way tells me that it still is full of data - I just can't see that anymore
(2017-12-19, 19:22)radioactiveman Wrote: Now I am trying to access the stick - does not work. Looks like it did not mount properly.
Let's start with a debug log (wiki) for some more details.

(2017-12-19, 19:22)radioactiveman Wrote: But in my 'Audio' directory there is no itunes library anymore, all music files are gone!
If the music source files themselves are actually gone from your 'server' location, then you have a problem/challenge.
By default, Kodi does not delete video/music source files. Did the iTunes application do a boo-boo? Double-check the USB stick contents on a different computer.
First thought there would be the stick is having hardware issues perhaps and may be on its last legs
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
my log I
 my log II

I looked onto the stick on another Windows PC. but same here: first level of directories is there, all others gone. but 246 GB data on there...
maybe I should say that the stick was absolutely full after my latest music import (2 MB left) - that is why I wanted to clean up a little bit today.
(2017-12-19, 19:59)DarrenHill Wrote: First thought there would be the stick is having hardware issues perhaps and may be on its last legs
well, it is a new product, I just bought it. and it still runs. and even has the data on it - I just can not see it (of course I checked the folder view options in WIndows)
Did you switch the stick from a windows pc ‘uncleanly’? The index may have been screwed. Have you tried a filesystem check..?
(2017-12-19, 20:18)Atreyu Wrote: Did you switch the stick from a windows pc ‘uncleanly’? The index may have been screwed. Have you tried a filesystem check..?
 no, not in Windows. But I remember two days ago that I had to plug off the Raspi (where the stick was in) from power and plug it in again, because it hung up on Kodi and did nothing. I could imagine that did harm the mounted stick.

Found something similar

I am trying a filesystem scanner and restore tool now (takes a little while) - keep you posted. thanks for the help up to here!
so I tried a tool and then testdisk, which found out that several sectors were bad. I could not recover one important (itunes library.xml) so I decided to reformat the stick completely and restore the backup. will take some effort to catch up with the changes made in between, but it is possible.

but it does not make me feel better that this won't happen again...
Indeed - I'd look to replace the stick as soon as you can
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
If it has (lots of) bad sectors i would toss it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
all source files vanished0