v18 Choppy video/frames skipping
(2018-01-02, 10:44)Koying Wrote: @mazey What device are you using that zoom is not working in Surface?
 its the old bug which is related to the bravia firmware which stretches horizontally but not vertically with surface on. surface off it stretches both. its a known issue with the firmware we've discussed it before its fixed with nougat but i need to wait until spring 2018 release before it comes to my tv the sony bravia 2015 w800c.
Ah right. Just wanted to confirm as Bravia is the only device known to me having that issue.
(2018-01-02, 10:46)Koying Wrote: All, please test http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk to check whether it solves anything
Hi Koying, i dont see any difference, although im testing this all releases with live tv using tvheadend client since this is biggest problem for me and if live tv stutters then also is same for local content
Weird. Can't see any issue on my Sony ATV in AMCS mode. I tried master from 2017-12-21, latest master and fixdroidbuild. Can't see any difference. CPU usage is the same for all of them.
Sorry guys but although I have subscribed to this thread I have not received any email (a part the first one when CiNcH has replied). Any news? Should I test the latest build or you are still working on it?
(2018-01-02, 10:46)Koying Wrote: All, please test http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk to check whether it solves anything

Sadly it has not corrected the problem. The issue persists.
This issue isn’t consistent between all android platforms. I have a few different android tv boxes but it seems the ones based on the Broadcom 7252s chips are the most sensitive (I know it’s a crappy SOC but that’s the box my internet/tv provider uses for their IPTV service so I’m stuck with them).

I actually have the same problem with kodi 17.6, which is why I switched to the Leia builds (this wasn’t a problem until dec 22 in Leia).

While this is happening I am not seeing any spikes in cpu or memory usage, it’s just dropping frames for some reason.
OK, I am now also seeing the issue on a 720p50 live TV channel (DVBViewer Client backend). There is a stutter every few seconds. According to the player output stats there are frame skips when this happens. Whenever there is a frame skip, I see a short peak in CPU usage with top command.

I am attaching a Kodi log file. [pastebin]
I have big frame skipping problems with fire tv 2 - SD films have massive frame skipping ....
tested almost every build after december 21 and they all still have the same problem. 
so better rollback to december 21 version until this is fixed

please everyone, update your experience here when  fixed version is released.
 Hi Koying
I've tested this build and also the last nightly build from 7th January and the bug persisit.

Do you know where is the bug?

Thanks
i can confirm latest build still has the same problem, but not on RK3688 Android box.

i tested every build after december 22 and here is the results:

TCL C2 Android Marshmallow TV : problem
Sony X85D Android Marshmallow TV : problem
MI BOX 3 (international version) Marshmallow : problem
H96 pro+ (Amlogic s912) Android 7.1.2 : problem
Beelink R68 RK3688 with HPH NT-V8 RK3368 Marshmallow ROM V1.5 : NO PROBLEM and working great
ANY NEWSHuhHuhHuh?
I've tested 9th day nightly and the issue continues.
We have to wait until fix it.

Thanks.
Is the issue affecting the 32bit version of Android or the 64 too?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy video/frames skipping3