DTS-HDMA
I am running Kodi 17.3 on my Pi with passthru enabled, AC3 DTS are enabled too. But DTS-HDMA does not work. But Receiver is capable. What am I doing wrong?
We are all sitting in the same boat, but we are lucky that not everybody is on our side.
You'll get 8 channel LPCM with Dolby TrueHD or DTS HDMA as the RPi doesn't have the bandwidth to passthrough the high-bit rate audio.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for the reply. But that leads to another questions.
Why does Kodi detect the DTS-HDMA track and shows it but can't passthru?

And my receiver just shows DTS so probably I still have lossy playback.
Or am I wrong?
We are all sitting in the same boat, but we are lucky that not everybody is on our side.
(2018-01-25, 19:19)CronosTitan Wrote: Why does Kodi detect the DTS-HDMA track and shows it but can't passthru?

Kodi will decode DTS-HDMA to 8 channel PCM. The limitation is the RPi HDMI hardware which doesn't have the bandwidth to bitstream TrueHD/DTS-HDMA - this has been discussed many times, see here for example.

(2018-01-25, 19:19)CronosTitan Wrote: And my receiver just shows DTS so probably I still have lossy playback.
Or am I wrong?

Read the post I've linked above.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
OK will read. sorry for posting this issue again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-HDMA0