Strange Issue. Search no longer working through upnp
Having a little trouble figuring this one out. For over a year i've been streaming movies from my desktop Kodi to my laptop Kodi using upnp, and it's worked flawlessly. I set up my three movie directories (horror, adventure, and TV) to stream over upnp, made Horror, Adventure, and TV menus on my laptop, and linked them through menus, and enjoyed my movie library from the comfort of my sofa. Easy 

However recently I installed a new skin (Aeon Nox) and consolidated my horror and advnture folders, and whatnot, basically did a little tidying up, so I had to redo my setup a bit. No big deal though, and now everything is up and running like before except for 1 strange problem i've noticed

Now when I open up my new "Movies" and "TV" menus, all the videos are there just like before, with all the art and info and whatnot, but when I use the sidebar to search, the results always come up empty, even though I am clearly looking at the exact same video right there on the screen. I've tried searching for multiple movies and shows just to make sure. Search simply comes up empty every time, though it shouldnt. I literally scrolled down and found all 11 Friday The 13th movies, then, as I was looking at them searched for Friday The 13th, Friday, 13, etc... every time it came up with no results

So basically my search is broken, which kind of sucks when you are streaming a library of over 2000 movies. I tried it and the search is working on the desktop, and it is working on the laptop when searching for files that are physically on it. It just doesn't work when searching for the streaming libraries, but it always worked before so I don't understand how to fix the issue
Sounds like at one point you had a library on your laptop, but now due to a re-arrangement the laptop library is no available/valid and the search is exclusive to the local library.(on the laptop) The search function is integral with Kodi, but some skins integrate their own functions. Pick 'one' movie that is available to play in all hardware, ensure it has been scanned into the library (using the context menu 'information') meta-data will show. Then try searching for this very movie as spelled. If you have success, then it's a library issue.
Okay, I will do that. Hopefully that can help me narrow it down. Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange Issue. Search no longer working through upnp0