how to setup a profile, where that user can not delete
I am very new to Kodi, I want to setup a profile where the user can not change anything. Mainly I want to " gray out" or delete the manage menu button (when  user right clicks on the "movie name" in the movie list). I can not find the xml file to do it. I was able to delete the button for "refresh" and "custom art" in the information screen. I only plan on using Kodi for playing home dvd's. I got everything trimmed down expect the ability to prevent user from managing the movie. I am using the latest Kodi with confluence skin
Profiles (wiki) FTW: The ability to lock folders, such as network shares on a per-user basis. Might be easier to change in settings>media>general>Allow File Renaming and deletion tag globally which will lock real file deletion across the entire system (then re-establish for maintenance). If you're looking for skin .xml modifications, you need to post in the forum specific skin thread.

Note: "I am using the latest Kodi with confluence skin" ->doesn't say much... version is important -> debug log tells all.
I setup another user and was enable to lock out some of the functions. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to setup a profile, where that user can not delete0