QNAP: Can't see mySQL db running on the same machine
Hi All,

Hope you can help.
1- I have a TVS-471 running mySQL with a Kodi DB on it.
2- I have populated the DB running Kodi 17.x (I think it used to be 17.4 then upgraded to 17.6) on my Windows10 laptop.
3- I see the DB on an OpenELEC version of Kodi (17.3) running on a different laptop: films, watched etc.. all visible
4- I have installed Kodi 17.5 (from QNAPClub) which worked OK with a local DB. I then copied the same version of the advancedsettings.xml to use the common DB but no luck.

I know it sees the settings looking at the debug log and also I lost the local db.
The problem is, it can't open the DB, I get:

14:36:26.899 T:140053828204288   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos107[1045](Access denied for user 'Kodi'@'Levo-8' (using password: YES)

The access privileges for the myvideos107 are:

Am I missing something?
Any help will be appreciated.
(2018-02-09, 20:33)Levo-772 Wrote: Hi All,

Hope you can help.
1- I have a TVS-471 running mySQL with a Kodi DB on it.
2- I have populated the DB running Kodi 17.x (I think it used to be 17.4 then upgraded to 17.6) on my Windows10 laptop.
3- I see the DB on an OpenELEC version of Kodi (17.3) running on a different laptop: films, watched etc.. all visible
4- I have installed Kodi 17.5 (from QNAPClub) which worked OK with a local DB. I then copied the same version of the advancedsettings.xml to use the common DB but no luck.

I know it sees the settings looking at the debug log and also I lost the local db.
The problem is, it can't open the DB, I get:

14:36:26.899 T:140053828204288   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos107[1045](Access denied for user 'Kodi'@'Levo-8' (using password: YES)

The access privileges for the myvideos107 are:

Am I missing something?
Any help will be appreciated.
Try creating a duplicate "Kodi" user with the same password and set the host to either "127.0.0.1" or "localhost" on the MariaDB server (via phpMyAdmin or remote HeidiSQL) and see if that works. Or possibly change the existing user's host value to "192.168.%" assuming that's the IP range the NAS and your other systems use, as then all systems on the local LAN (including the NAS) ought to be able to connect.

You might also want to have a look through the "my.cnf" file on the NAS via SSH and see if QNAP have done anything to restrict local access accounts. I have had a similar setup running on my TS453-PRO and TS453-MINI, but only for access from remote machines. I don't run Kodi on the NAS as mine are only armed with Celeron processors, and I already have too many addons running on them as it is.

Bear in mind there are several seperate my.cnf file locations. One for the general system, and several for HybridDesk station.

Local System:
/usr/local/mysql/my.cnf

HybridDesk Station:
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HD_Station/etc/config/my.cnf
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HD_Station/etc/default_config/my.cnf
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HD_Station/etc/mysql/my.cnf

As to which one is relevant, your guess is as good as mine. I would assume that HybridDeskStation would come under the 'localhost' domain, since it's using the same IP address (probably). However if it's using a Virtual Machine approach, and thus a fake / Virtual IP, then you'll need to find out what IP address that is, and create a user in the server that reflects the IP HybridDeskStation uses.

You can also refer to this page for diagnosing connection issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QNAP: Can't see mySQL db running on the same machine0