Win No audio and kody process doesn't exit
Here is a bug which exists in all Windows versions ok kodi for the last 3-4 years or so, since I started using it. I don't need a support with it, it is minor and I know what to do. it is just to attract an attention.

The current installation:
Intel NUC PC, Intel i5, 16 GB memory.
Windows 10 Pro 1709 (the latest, but also existed in all previous versions down to 8.1)
Kodi 17.06 windows (but also existed in all previous versions for the last 3 years).

PC s connected via its HDMI port to a sound bar which is in turn connected to a TV. HDMI audio out is a default output.

Everything works ok.

Kodi is minimized to tray, some other app is used.
Headphones are connected to a PC jack. Default audio output automatically changes to headphones.
Headphones are disconnected, the default audio is back HDMI output.
Kodi is opened back.

No sound.

This is a pb, but not that big, many applications behave like this when you play with audio outputs.

I click Alt-F4 to exit Kodi.
It exits or so it looks.

I start Kodi again. It doesn't start.

This happens because if you look in task manager for a process list you see kodi.exe process, it didn't exit. You have to kill the process to be able to restart it.

Looks like after audio outputs change some kodi component prevents it from exiting.
but not that big, many applications behave like this

You might configure Kodi for directsound or connect directly to the TV and pass output to the audio bar.  The shut down function is likely being held by some network call into neverland, and is waiting for a timeout from the other end that doesn't come. If you wait long enough (5 minutes) can you retart? A proper debug might cast some light on this. Note: I don't have this issue, but I am using Leia.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio and kody process doesn't exit0