Kodi 17.6 crash help - Win 10
I am trying to 100% legitimately help provide the proper information, follow the requested steps, and not add on any banned add-ons to my setup, yet I keep getting told I can't get the help until I get rid of banned add-ons. I apologize to ask but if I have a banned add ons it has come directly from the download on the Kodi website because I have not added anything. Please tell me what is banned in the log I have submitted. I'm not mad just going crazy trying to help give the right details.

Here is what I have done:
Unistalled my version of Kodi (15.2) on my PC.
Deleted all files of Kodi on my PC.
Installed version 17.6 right here from the Kodi website.
Submitted the error log per instruction.
Nothing else has been added.

Here is my issue again. I have tried numerous times to get Kodi to work on my Win 10 PC but can not get anything to work past version 15.2, Kodi will just crash at startup and will not open. Error message is (Kodi has stopped working, report sent to microsoft). Is it my Video card or drivers causing the issue? 

Some specs of my setup
Intel I5-2500K [email protected]

64Bit OS
Win 10 Home - Version 1709

32GB RAM 

AMD Radeon HD 6800 series video card
Driver Packaging Version 15.301.1901-160226a-299900E
Direct3D® Version 9.14.10.1171
Radeon Software Version 16.2.1

Debug log loaded at below link
https://pastebin.com/PdtnTiMz

Thank you in advance for anyone's help.
Updated the pastebin debug log since I did it wrong the first time, sorry.
The forum moderators have determined that Banned_addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

Also, you have given us a log for v15.2 but you say that works fine. We need the log that captures the crashing.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok, thank you. I thought I removed all the banned add ons but apparently not. I will go back and uninstall those I missed and add the correct log.
Ok, I have this corrected. I am trying to use Kodi version 17.6 but it crashes right on startup. I have no idea why but I can not use any version higher than 15.2 on my Win 10 PC.
Anyone have a chance to possibly look at my error log? Could it possibly be my video card causing the problems?

Thanks
Struck me in post #1

Direct3D Version 9.14.10.1171

vs mine

Catalyst Version    15.8
Direct3D Version    9.14.10.01171
AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-Without-DOTNet45-Win7-64bit

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-6850-v...on-HD-5770

So we're basically running the same hardware, although I haven't updated the GPU software (when I did, I had issues). It appears that you might be having the same problems I had with gfx driver updates, and you might want to consider a regressive version. But the obvious outstanding issue is that previously you had banned add-ons installed, and in most cases, I've found 3rd party banned add-ons overwrite critical software for the proper functioning of Kodi, uninstalling sometimes works, but not always. I recommend a portable installation of Kodi without any extras, plain jane so to speak, then let's have a proper debug log of that to prove out the hardware before we go further.
Hi Pat,

Thanks for the feedback. I actually did uninstall the Kodi software I had and deleted all the files, started over an re-intalled version 15.2 so I thought I had gotten rid of all the banned add-ons. I then tried to update to version 16.1 and 17.6 but neither one worked and they both crashed on startup. The log I linked was for the 17.6 version without adding much to it.

I apologize if it still contains something banned but I didn't think so as I completely started over. I am guessing it has something to do with the video card drivers but don't know for sure.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-03-14, 00:20)Karellen Wrote: The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
 I am trying to get you the correct details and follow the correct steps. I have redone this again. All of my details are in the start of the post. I have no idea how I am getting banned add ons in this software because I have deleted the version I had, started over, downloaded version 17.6 right here from the Kodi website, submitted the log according to the steps. If there is a banned add on in the program, I didn't add it. Please tell me what it is so I can get rid of it.

I am seeking help with my problem of not being able to get any version of Kodi higher than 15.2 to work on my win 10pc.

Please someone help. Thank you for your time.
(2018-03-13, 21:31)PatK Wrote: Struck me in post #1

Direct3D Version 9.14.10.1171

vs mine

Catalyst Version    15.8
Direct3D Version    9.14.10.01171
AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-Without-DOTNet45-Win7-64bit

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-6850-v...on-HD-5770

So we're basically running the same hardware, although I haven't updated the GPU software (when I did, I had issues). It appears that you might be having the same problems I had with gfx driver updates, and you might want to consider a regressive version. But the obvious outstanding issue is that previously you had banned add-ons installed, and in most cases, I've found 3rd party banned add-ons overwrite critical software for the proper functioning of Kodi, uninstalling sometimes works, but not always. I recommend a portable installation of Kodi without any extras, plain jane so to speak, then let's have a proper debug log of that to prove out the hardware before we go further.
Pat, I have done all of this again and submitted the details according to the steps needed to be used. I still can't get any help from someone. I have not added any banned add ons, so please someone tell me what I have so I can get rid of it.
Please follow my recommended instructions a portable installation of Kodi without any extras, plain jane so to speak, then let's have a proper debug log of that. Use a fresh archive taken from the links provided at the top left of this page. https://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode
Also, please stop updating your first post with new information.

If you have new information to submit, then create a new post so the flow of the conversation is not interrupted.
My Signature
(2018-03-14, 18:19)PatK Wrote: Please follow my recommended instructions a portable installation of Kodi without any extras, plain jane so to speak, then let's have a proper debug log of that. Use a fresh archive taken from the links provided at the top left of this page. https://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode
 Hi Pat,

I followed your directions on the portable installation without any extras. Below is the debug log. Any ideas what may be wrong? Same thing happened when I ran the program, it crashed on start up.

https://pastebin.com/i8U062hi
Anyone?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 crash help - Win 100