Just a few newbie questions
Hello! Just compiled XMBC under Kubuntu Hardy and it seams to work pretty well.

Only a few things that I wounder about.

I do realize that it's not a stable release, but maybe some thing can be fixed by a little hack maybe.

First of all. I get a text string at the top of the screen displaying CPU ,GPU and memory info, jumping around, changing place every 10 sec. Is there any way of removing this, or at least make it stop jumping around?

I have not been able to stop video/audio playback. If I'm playing an audio file or a video file thats not a DVD, this can be fixed by simply stepping to the end of the file, but if it's a DVD it returns to the DVD menu and I can't get out of there. How do I do that?

Otherwise, it seams like a relay good MC. I like it a lot. Props to the dev-team.
funkyjansson Wrote:First of all. I get a text string at the top of the screen displaying CPU ,GPU and memory info, jumping around, changing place every 10 sec. Is there any way of removing this, or at least make it stop jumping around?
We should really do a wipe and remove all these weird stuff before the alpha release. Easy to forget them while your deving it, still it looks more than terrible for firsttimers Smile

funkyjansson Wrote:I have not been able to stop video/audio playback. If I'm playing an audio file or a video file thats not a DVD, this can be fixed by simply stepping to the end of the file, but if it's a DVD it returns to the DVD menu and I can't get out of there. How do I do that?
Don't the "x" button on you keyboard work?
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
funkyjansson Wrote:Hello! Just compiled XBMC under Kubuntu Hardy and it seams to work pretty well.

Only a few things that I wounder about.

I do realize that it's not a stable release, but maybe some thing can be fixed by a little hack maybe.

First of all. I get a text string at the top of the screen displaying CPU ,GPU and memory info, jumping around, changing place every 10 sec. Is there any way of removing this, or at least make it stop jumping around?

Topic covered several times in the forums not to mention in the manual and README.linux. It jumps around to prevent burn in on plasma displays.

funkyjansson Wrote:I have not been able to stop video/audio playback. If I'm playing an audio file or a video file thats not a DVD, this can be fixed by simply stepping to the end of the file, but if it's a DVD it returns to the DVD menu and I can't get out of there. How do I do that?

'x' is stop, see keymap.xml for key bindings.

funkyjansson Wrote:Otherwise, it seams like a relay good MC. I like it a lot. Props to the dev-team.

EDIT: once again beaten by topfs2...
POW! mwuhaha Wink

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
thanx.
OK that works now.
So I looked at the keymap.xml and I noticed that right clicking the mouse during playback, takes me back to the menus. But how do I get back in? And is there a keyboard-key that has the same function? (for both getting in and out) Could not find any thing for this. I wounder because I use my wiimote as a remote and I don't have the mouse at the TV.
With a mouse you just click on the movie playing in the gui. it should take you into the movie.
If you are using WiiRemote you can map it using keymap.xml (If you are using our native wiiremote eventclient)
for howto on mapping see tools/EventClients/README.txt and http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

Started looking at tools/EventClients/README.txt but then I realized that I can't figure one single situation where I need to exit playback and then resume it. Unless it's for doing something on the computer, like check the mail or something, and then I still need to exit XBMC and can't resume playback anyway.

Or is it possible to release the mouse from XBMC?

Any way, the few times that happens I can step over to the computer desk (it's right next to the TV-sofa Big Grin) and use the mouse to exit and resuming playback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just a few newbie questions0