• 1(current)
XBMC for Windows, installer test, rev 12882
For you testing pleasure, installer for XBMC for Windows (contains svn rev 12882). This is a complete package.

XBMCSetup-Rev12882.exe

Please test the installer.

Known issues:
- only installs for the current user, not all users.
- uninstall doesn't delete the xbmc-profile.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
thank you, great job.
Nice job indeed. But we shouldn't spoil the users too much Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Seems to work good. Still might be good not to include plugins which doesn't seem to work? (only tried yahoo videos veeery quickly )

Also there seems to be an unnecesary smb:// preset in add source? is this needed or just forgotten?

smb://sveetje I think
If you have problems please read this before posting

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Worked perfectly. Thanks.
Couple issues: Under Vista (SP1) the installer is not able to create the initial directory and aborts attempting to write the files.

If you manually create the directory first (i.e. c:\program files\xbmc) and point the installer to it it proceeds fine.

Non-installer related: the network interface shows up as ? under configuration and not DHCP is detected, you can manually set network parameters however.

Thanks for the hard work! It's getting there.
Just wanted to make sure, does "
12883 added: [WIN32] scripts to build XBMC for Windows (VC++ Express 2008)" mean that for use regular builders, running "BuildSetup.bat" in the subdirectory will auto-make this type of auto-installer of XBMC for w32? I'm guessing so, but figured i'd ask to make sure. I only have VS2003 right now, and not vs2008 yet. But i do have x64 and Vista x64 so i will be testing this file at least for now on both OS's til i can get vs2008 to make test the auto-builder script. VERY NICE TOO!!! Thanks for adding that.
Next will be an auto-update from within XBMC. Very nice!!!
thanks for the time to make an installer.
i have to say though 1 of the good thing sive liked so far about XBMC is that i didnt have to " install it " but rather unpackit to the folder of my choice ect and run
ixian Wrote:Couple issues: Under Vista (SP1) the installer is not able to create the initial directory and aborts attempting to write the files.

If you manually create the directory first (i.e. c:\program files\xbmc) and point the installer to it it proceeds fine.

Non-installer related: the network interface shows up as ? under configuration and not DHCP is detected, you can manually set network parameters however.

Thanks for the hard work! It's getting there.

all you have to do is run the installer as an administrator.

did the trick for me
RE: "only installs for the current user, not all users."

Make sure to set ALLUSERS=1 flag in your .MSI.

Cheers,

KZ
Nice job with everything guys. This build seems to run smoother on my pc than the others. Small problem though, when I go to add a music video to the database using the mtv scraper it'll add it, categorize it, and at a thumbnail. Then I get a windows dialog saying "XBMC has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." My computer specs are as follows

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition
Video: Integrated nvidia 7025 (nforce 630a)
Ram: 1gb

If there is any other info you guys would need please let me know. I'm commited to bug testing.
Topfs2 Wrote:Still might be good not to include plugins which doesn't seem to work?
Yep i just threw in a couple of everything, point was the installer not the application itself.
Topfs2 Wrote:Also there seems to be an unnecesary smb:// preset in add source? is this needed or just forgotten?
forgotten, thanks.
ixian Wrote:Couple issues: Under Vista (SP1) the installer is not able to create the initial directory and aborts attempting to write the files.
Now that's what i need, thanks, I wonder why it needs administrator rights for that.
djdafreund Wrote:Just wanted to make sure, does "..." mean that for use regular builders, running "BuildSetup.bat" in the subdirectory will auto-make this type of auto-installer of XBMC for w32?
yes

As for non-installer related bugs, there are still plenty around, including the entire network section, so start coding your patches Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
awesome job..

just an idea/feature request:

would it be possible during the installation to have the installer check for the latest .exe and for the latest t3ch build?

again not sure if it is even possible but would be a neat feature that would keep the installer from going out of date
Charly Wrote:Yep i just threw in a couple of everything, point was the installer not the application itself.
On that note, Wonderfull work. Simple, worked and was great looking Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Charly Wrote:Now that's what i need, thanks, I wonder why it needs administrator rights for that.

If you're installing XBMC to c:\program files\xbmc, that folder requires admin privileges to write to, as does c:\ (if you're installing to c:\xbmc).

I don't know how, but you need to add something so that either when the installer is run or after the options are set, the UAC is triggered, rather than the user having to right-click and "run as administrator".

This will only affect users running in user mode, rather than admin (as an admin account is no longer the default in Vista).
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows, installer test, rev 128820