Jodi and cover art with External drive
Tongue 
I’m New to this I’m looking to put Kodi on my rasperry and connect a hard drive with 2000 movies on it to use in my ice fishing shack without internet connection . I’m wondering if while I’m at home with internet incan get it to download the cover art and information and keep it with the nice interface . Anyone have a link to how to do this .

Thanks
Yup, perfectly possible. Do it just as you describe - scan the media into your library when at home and net connected, then when you're away just play the stuff from your library. It's only the scanning post that needs the internet, and the metadata is stored locally on your drive or SD card.

It's basically the scenario I run when traveling, with your shack swapped for a hotel room.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok thanks , is there a certain format the drive needs to be as it’s not recongnizing my drive at all?
It should read most of the common ones, but make sure the drive has enough power. USB drives can often struggle to get enough power from a Pi directly and may need a powered hub of they don't have their own supplies.

Which Kodi distribution and version are you using?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jodi and cover art with External drive0