What happened to this feature request for execwait with input awareness
Simple issue really, when I create a new process using execwait, the keyboard is not available to the resulting process because KODI still has the input locked. When the process closes, all the keystrokes that should have been sent to the process that spawned from execwait are sent to KODI all at the same time.

This old feature request would have resolved the issue and allow execution of processes while allowing them to use all available inputs without conflicts. Was it ever included?
https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/6122#no1

Maybe there is a better way to call a sub-process from KODI while freezing KODI so it can't do anything or use any CPU and releasing the inputs to the resulting processes?

Maybe there's a python command I can issue to de-init the inputs and then re-init when the process closes?
On Linux Kodi gets keyboard events from X11 or Wayland. The window manager dispatches keyboard event to the applications.
Thanks for the reply. Not using X11 or wayland. It's a Mali 450 using gbm drivers setup with libraries for gles, SDL, and krmdms. Everything runs perfect. It's just that when KODI is running it locks inputs and I need to release them. Looks like Bluetooth is the same problem.
There's got to be a class I can import to python and call a method to deinit inputs right?
(2018-04-21, 14:57)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Not using X11 or wayland. It's a Mali 450 using gbm drivers setup with libraries for gles, SDL, and krmdms. Everything runs perfect. It's just that when KODI is running it locks inputs and I need to release them. Looks like Bluetooth is the same problem.
 You should raise an issue for that platform.
(2018-04-21, 22:29)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2018-04-21, 14:57)Mrfixit2001 Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Not using X11 or wayland. It's a Mali 450 using gbm drivers setup with libraries for gles, SDL, and krmdms. Everything runs perfect. It's just that when KODI is running it locks inputs and I need to release them. Looks like Bluetooth is the same problem.

Would be happy to. Can you point me to the right place to submit for the platform?
(2018-04-22, 14:34)Mrfixit2001 Wrote:
(2018-04-21, 22:29)FernetMenta Wrote:

Would be happy to. Can you point me to the right place to submit for the platform? 
 https://trac.kodi.tv/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What happened to this feature request for execwait with input awareness0