Need some unoffical help
I know this is beta and no official help is avail. However i used the latest installer below and i must say this is my very first look at the xbmc on pc until today i had only used it on my xbox.

However it installs fine and i can go through the menus but when i try to play a avi file or any video it plays but i only hear it i still see the xbmc screen no video. Also it seems that the flash/video or what ever it is for the weather isn't showing up either. I'm sure i am just doing something wrong or haven't enabled something any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
tazz0710 Wrote:I know this is beta and no official help is avail. However i used the latest installer below and i must say this is my very first look at the xbmc on pc until today i had only used it on my xbox.

However it installs fine and i can go through the menus but when i try to play a avi file or any video it plays but i only hear it i still see the xbmc screen no video. Also it seems that the flash/video or what ever it is for the weather isn't showing up either. I'm sure i am just doing something wrong or haven't enabled something any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

What kind of hardware platform are you trying to play this on?

Your problem might be related to the type of video card you are using. nVidia cards are supported, so is the Intel GMA x3100 (965G chipset), and ATI to an extent. So far I don't know of anyone that has managed to get the Intel 945 chipsets (GMA950) and earlier to display video.No

Dudeman
Im on a XP machine with SP3

dual core amd

nvidia 7800 GT i was just testing it on here as i may move a cpu to my living room so i can run hd that the XBOX wont run.
Do videos play outside of xbmc? If not you'll need to install the codecs for the videos you want to play. If so...not sure

The weather has been not working for a little while. The website changed some stuff which broke it's support in xbmc. I believe it's been fixed in svn though...
yes i can watch all videos on my computer outside of XBMC

I read that about the weather and when u say svn i assume u mean the latest svn?
sorry not sure what svn is
Dudeman Wrote:What kind of hardware platform are you trying to play this on?

Your problem might be related to the type of video card you are using. nVidia cards are supported, so is the Intel GMA x3100 (965G chipset), and ATI to an extent. So far I don't know of anyone that has managed to get the Intel 945 chipsets (GMA950) and earlier to display video.No

According to the Device Manager I have a Intel 945 chipset, and video is working here.
tazz0710 Wrote:sorry not sure what svn is

SVN is subversion. (basically it backups and documents all the changes in the software)
tazz0710 Wrote:sorry not sure what svn is

SVN is subversion. (basically it backups and documents all the changes in the software)
tazz0710 Wrote:Im on a XP machine with SP3

dual core amd

nvidia 7800 GT i was just testing it on here as i may move a cpu to my living room so i can run hd that the XBOX wont run.

I use a dual core amd myself with an integrated nvidia gpu. So it might be the way your software and os is set-up. What build of SP3 do you have.
Phelps Wrote:According to the Device Manager I have a Intel 945 chipset, and video is working here.

Which XBMC build and Intel driver version are you using?
gryphon5 Wrote:Which XBMC build and Intel driver version are you using?

maybe this thread helps:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32963&page=2

i think it's time to make a new thread posting the working graphic cards with driver version and OS.
gryphon5 Wrote:Which XBMC build and Intel driver version are you using?

Using the installer from a thread in this forum. Driver version is 7.14.10.1295. I get the same problem as the others if I upgrade to the latest version.

-- Phelps
Phelps Wrote:Using the installer from a thread in this forum. Driver version is 7.14.10.1295. I get the same problem as the others if I upgrade to the latest version.

I assume you are running Vista?
I tried using the driver found here;
http://www.sony.com.sg/support/download/...hp_en_SG_i

But my Windows XP machine says I do not have any hardware that requires these drivers.
gryphon5 Wrote:I assume you are running Vista?
I tried using the driver found here;
http://www.sony.com.sg/support/download/...hp_en_SG_i

But my Windows XP machine says I do not have any hardware that requires these drivers.

Yes, I am running Vista. The hardware is a Mac Mini, and those drivers came bundled with it Boot Camp.

-- Phelps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need some unoffical help0