v18 New deps for 18a2 from 18a1?
I am unable to build 18a02 for RPi2/3 unless I add the following packages as dependencies.  I could build 18a01 without them:
  • libcec-rpi
  • libinput
  • libxkbcommon

Is this to be expected?  Here is my configure stanza:
Code:
_CPU=cortex-a7
CFLAGS+=" -march=armv7ve"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
    -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/usr/lib \
    -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/vc \
    -DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=rbpi \
    -DWITH_CPU="$_CPU" \
    -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FMT=ON \
    -DENABLE_EVENTCLIENTS=ON \
    -DENABLE_OPENGL=OFF \
    -DENABLE_X11=OFF \
    -DENABLE_VAAPI=OFF \
    -DENABLE_VDPAU=OFF \
    -DENABLE_INTERNAL_CROSSGUID=ON \
    -DLIRC_DEVICE=/run/lirc/lircd \
    -Dlibdvdcss_URL="$srcdir/libdvdcss-$_libdvdcss_version.tar.gz" \
    -Dlibdvdnav_URL="$srcdir/libdvdnav-$_libdvdnav_version.tar.gz" \
    -Dlibdvdread_URL="$srcdir/libdvdread-$_libdvdread_version.tar.gz" \
    -DFFMPEG_URL="$srcdir/ffmpeg-$_ffmpeg_version.tar.gz" \
    ../"xbmc-$_tag"
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
Not sure about libcec, but libinput (and its dependency libxkbcommon) is a hard dependency now for non-windoze platforms.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13176
Thank you for confirming.  Just wanted to make sure I actually needed them (ie couldn't disable an option) or the like).
Regarding libcec:

If I try running without it
Code:
/usr/lib/kodi/kodi-rbpi: error while loading shared libraries: libcec.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This behavior changed from 18a01 to 18a02.  Is it expected?
Libcec is still an optional dependency. You build it, cmake found it so cec support is compiled into kodi. To fix your issue either do not build libcec (that cmake can't find it) or explicitly disable it with -DENABLE_CEC:BOOL=OFF as addition cmake argument.
(2018-06-23, 14:54)Rechi Wrote: Libcec is still an optional dependency. You build it, cmake found it so cec support is compiled into kodi. To fix your issue either do not build libcec (that cmake can't find it) or explicitly disable it with -DENABLE_CEC:BOOL=OFF as addition cmake argument.
 Thanks for the quick reply!

My goal is to build 18a02 with optional libcec support, so different users can take my package and either run with or without libcec on their systems.  If I understand your reply correctly, I should remove libcec from the build chroot and that will allow for the optional use of it.  Am I correct?
It is still an optional build dependency only means you can build with or without it. But if you enable libcec all your users also need the libcec lib.
Have a look at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13926, why it worked before with just not shipping the libcec lib.
Thanks again for the information.  I think I have what I need: https://github.com/graysky2/PKGBUILDs/co...1eb4a4c93e

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New deps for 18a2 from 18a1?0