CEC Remote control does not work (all of a sudden)
I'm using Raspbian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy) (Kernel: 3.12.31)

Can I get the CEC remote working again ?  It used to mention this when booting, but soesn't anymore.

BTW is my version old and need to be updated?

I'm also very curious about the "watched flags" and Partly watched indicators.
Does anyone know much about these ? Where stored and how to set etc ?

Many thanks for any help.
Erm... Why have you created a new thread for basically the same problem(s) in your previous thread? Weren't our answers satisfying?

(2018-07-04, 11:04)ADKM Wrote: BTW is my version old and need to be updated?
You already know the answer to that one. Setting up a fresh Kodi installation is your only chance. There won't be any updates for older Kodi builds.

(2018-07-04, 11:04)ADKM Wrote: Can I get the CEC remote working again ?  It used to mention this when booting, but soesn't anymore.
Rename your current .kodi profile folder and start Kodi for a new, fresh profile. If it still is not working, It's likely outside Kodi's reach.

(2018-07-04, 11:04)ADKM Wrote: I'm also very curious about the "watched flags" and Partly watched indicators.
Does anyone know much about these ? Where stored and how to set etc ?
There are what they are: indicators of a video being fully watched, or stopped prematurely. They are stored Kodi's video libary in the 'files' database table.
Hi Klojum,   The other thread didn't seem to be going anywhere and I thought this may be be more raspberry pi specific.
Certainly the info on the other thread relates to something quite different (to what I have) and there may be someone here with the same version as me.

UPDATES
I don't mind, but see no need to. It's working (apart from remote) just fine. So unless there a good reason... 

NEW PROFILE
I don't know how to do this. Or where to even start, and potentially could muck everything up.

INDICATORS
This is the most interesting one.  If they're stored on the HDD they're not visible as files and not duplicated when the disk is cloned.  Yet, if a disk is cloned they continue to work on the original disk
but not on the clone.  That seems a contradiction that can't be so. You say they're stored in Kodi's video libary in the 'files' database table.  Where is that ? Is it accessible?
Why does it only work with one disk and not the other ?  The answer must be because the files are on *that* disk.  But they're not... so something else is going on here.
BTW by disk, I mean the windows HDD that the pi connect to as a media server.  The pi has a memory card with folders called 'Devices' and 'Pi'.  Looking at this (in Windows Explorer-Network)  'Devices' is empty
and  "pi " has 7 subfolders and  6 files.  I've also got something called "Putty" which I think was used with pi, bit it's year since I used it and  I've lost the settings.

I'm over the need to restore these by import/export , we can take photos and put back any essential manually, but it just bugs me and would nice to know how it works.

Having written all this, I'm in 2 minds - should I post it?  Obviously no-one is obliged to care.
One thing to try -

1. shut down both your Pi and your TV, and unplug both from the mains.
  2. wait a moment or two
  3. plug your TV back in and turn it on, and switch to the HDMI port of the Pi.
  4. plug the Pi back in and turn it on.

I've had this a couple of times between my LG TV and my Pi3 - it gets itself confused (I think it's the TV side rather than the Pi, but willing to be corrected) but that complete power down reset has brought it back for me both times.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CEC Remote control does not work (all of a sudden)0