OS X Mac AC3 encoding works on AC3 enceded movie file but not tv streams
I set all the Audio midi outputs to 2 channel 16 bit 44100 Hz

On VLC, this setup works perfect under audio devices hdmi encoded output  which switches back to 

original audio midi output settings on exit.

the debugging files reflect the operation of firstly playing an ac3 encoded recording from nextpvr, working as VLC did

perfectly switching to 5.1 audio on receiver. Secondly playing a tv station with no ac3 info, responding as VLC with 2 ch.

3rdly playing an actual ac3 encoded stream from the tv channel in which the application crashes.

Setting things differently, the crash can be avoided but desired results are not attained and the settings on exit

remain changed on audio midi to 48000 24 bit 2 channel

Obviously trying to emulate the VLC handling of the audio. system wide audio set with passthrough enabled, 2 channel, ac3
decoding and ac3 transcoding during debugging and coming closer to the desired behavior just short with crashing on the
streaming of the ac3 codec info on tuner.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/DHq9ZPgspn/
This isn't caused by the NextPVR addon - it just passes the stream on to Kodi, which does the actual playback. 

From what I've read, since Kodi 17, Kodi doesn't do AC3 pass through on playback of live streams. I can't remember the exact details, but do a search and you'll find plenty of threads discussing it.
Ah thank you will check it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac AC3 encoding works on AC3 enceded movie file but not tv streams0