Bug Video Orientation
Hi there,
sometimes in the heat of the moment I hold my iPhone a certain way around. Which, some of you might suggest, is "wrong". And I should just hold my iPhone correctly. Yes.

Resulting videos are played upside down on Kodi ever since I left v16.1 (Jarvis), on multiple devices, mainly amazon Fire TVs.

I don't have a proper overview of the forums and bugs, I have to admit. Is that something that's being worked on?
I tested the Leia nightly build just now - same issue.

Should I file a bug report?

A.
Feature for manual video rotation has been implemented for v18 at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14311 and is in the nightlies since 20th August 2018.
Yes, thanks.

Both options "from metadata" and "180°" display the video upside down.

Thumbnails are rotated correctly.
Jarvis could rotate it automatically.

There seems to be one hair left in the soup.
P.S.: I'll gladly provide my clips for testing.

The EXIF info shows:
Rotation                        : 180
Does it work correctly if you disable Mediacodec and Mediacodec surface?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Why yes, when I turn off MediaCodec Surface, it works! Thank you!
Turning off "MediaCodec" doesn't change anything.

What is happening? Do you have a link for me so I can understand it?
Sadly, now almost all videos do not run smoothly anymore.
Jep. That's the side effect. Just wanted to know if it's only broken for medicodec surface.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Do you mean this can be fixed? Do you need me to do anything?
No. Open a bug at trac.kodi.tv post your Debug Log, clearly assign it to Android. This is all you can do.
Sorry to necrobump this thread, I did not get the chance to play around with the latest nightlies and wanted to know if this issue with manual rotation and MediaCodec Surface (github rotation feature push: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14311 ) is somehow being tracked or if it was even fixed already? If this is not yet on any official tracking list, I saw that kodi github now accepts issues, is there one open for it or should I create a new issue? Thank you very much!
(2019-04-26, 11:27)sectune Wrote: necrobump
You win the Internet this month for that word. Love it.

But, sadly, I didn't even get around to post a proper bug for this issue.
This bug is still present in 18.3 Leia release.
Does someone know, has it been already reported to GitHub (i didn't found it there) or what's the status?
(2019-07-25, 11:28)ddpp Wrote: This bug is still present in 18.3 Leia release.
Does someone know, has it been already reported to GitHub (i didn't found it there) or what's the status?
(2019-05-25, 17:33)anaximandus Wrote: But, sadly, I didn't even get around to post a proper bug for this issue.

Still didn't make it. I'm sorry.
(2019-07-25, 11:57)anaximandus Wrote:
(2019-07-25, 11:28)ddpp Wrote: This bug is still present in 18.3 Leia release.
(2019-05-25, 17:33)anaximandus Wrote: But, sadly, I didn't even get around to post a proper bug for this issue.

Still didn't make it. I'm sorry. 
But you do plan to report it, right? It would be great if this issue could be fixed soon, its very annoying. Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Orientation3