Picking a new device for Kodi
Tongue 
Basically i want to upgrade from my rasberry pi and ive been browsing through the threads and theres some termonolgy i just cant get my head around, my budget is £100 i was looking at the H96 Pro + (Mainly due to 1gb ethernet) but then i read in a thread to avoid S912, all im after is for a snappy device that can easly provide 1080p movie streams and HD Live streams, can someone point me in the direction or atleast explain to me some key terms like: deinterlacing and dual boot 

Sorry in advanced for being thick
This LibreELEC post will answer most of your questions regarding Linux / LE Kodi on AML S912's going forward past Kodi v18 Leia:

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/9759-c...#post97932

The new Vero 4K+ should be close to or within you budget and virtually play anything you throw at it inc. outputting high quality deinterlacing if you use Kodi's PVR's for broadcast OTA TV. Excellent long term support with that one.

Any of the AMLogic S9xx devices will be faster than a RPi, especially ones that include a Wireless USB dongle remote, like MINIX hardware and the Vero 4K+

If you do not need HDR the Gigabit - S905 MINIX U1 running LibreELEC Kodi Krypton with its excellent A2 lite wireless remote is a good package. The (non HDR) ODROID C2 is great too using that same MINIX A2 lite remote. Both have great heat sinks included and never overheat.

Running Kodi from fast eMMC flash storage is noticeably snappier too for day to day usage. The Vero 4K+ already has it's OS and Kodi running from internal eMMC storage. It's pretty easy using faster eMMC with the other platforms as well:
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/9425-h...-for-data/

Dual booting means you run LibreELEC from a microSDHC card and then reboot if you want to use the internal Android OS to use Apps like YouTube or 1080p Android TV Netflix etc. Not all devices even run Android to begin with and not all devices can even give you 1080p Netflix.

Reboot Android and you are running LibreELEC again from the external microSDHC card.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picking a new device for Kodi0