[SOLVED] Where does Kodi keeps information about which type of source a folder is?
I'm trying to keep in a version control system my xml config files for easier updates and migrations.

In sources.xml, I have this information:

xml:
        <source>                                                                   
            <name>Movies</name>                                                    
            <path pathversion="1">/mnt/HD/Movies/</path>             
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>                                      
        </source>

But some information still needs to be manually put using the interface: for example, I'm telling Kodi to only search for .nfo files, because a media manager already got it for me. But the xml wasn't changed, which makes me think that this information is actually somewhere in the database.

Does someone here knows where exactly is this information about a source to only use local .nfo files is actually stored?
Quote:Where does Kodi keeps information about which type of source a folder is?
Such is done in the 'path' table of the video database.
Paths to video sources are stored with their content settings, via the strPath and strContent fields to name a few.
In "path" table, there is a row containing the source folder in strPath, with "movies" in strContent and "metadata.local" in strScraper. Thanks @Klojum for this fast response.
Btw, there are other database tables containing full path references:

Table: art , field: url
Table: path, field: strPath

Table: movie , field: c22
Table: tvshow, field: c16
Table: episode, field: c18

These are in the video database. There are also path references in the fixed local databases...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Where does Kodi keeps information about which type of source a folder is?0