Trying to get episodes displayed correctly on TV and PC
First, sorry if this is the wrong forum, please let me know.  Using Kodi Krypton on Windows 10, streaming to my Sony TV.

I added some shows to my library on my TV, but one of them didn't work correctly.  Did some research, and someone pointed me to creating an nfo file with a url to the show.  I opened Kodi on my PC, since someone was watching TV, updated the library, and the show was there and the episodes were correct.  Success.

Later, I opened Kodi on my TV and updated library, but the show did not pull in.  I had added another new show, so I know the update worked, but maybe because I had already tried to import it once it didn't work?  Do I need to remove it somehow from my TV library?  Not sure how I would do this since it doesn't show up in TV shows (the only time I was able to watch an episode was going through Videos).  Or somehow tell the library to look at the nfo file?

Thanks for the help!
Hello @bcemail

How is Kodi connected to your Sony TV? via HDMI cable between computer and TV, or are you using uPNP/DLNA connection or another method?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-09-07, 01:12)Karellen Wrote: Hello @bcemail

How is Kodi connected to your Sony TV? via HDMI cable between computer and TV, or are you using uPNP/DLNA connection or another method?
 My PC and TV are on the same network.  All my files are stored on one of my PC's HDDs.  I forget the exact method of how I connected, but I know I had to turn off password protection in Windows (I think it was group settings?) and then in Kodi manually type in the network location.  Hope that sounds right, I remember it took me forever to figure out since I'm not running a server or anything.

If you need any more details, just let me know and I'll try and explain better.  Thanks!
Not the ideal setup. Kodi is designed to be plugged directly into your TV, not via a DLNA connection. You are missing out on all the features that Kodi offers.

If you want just a "dumb" uPNP server, there are better options than Kodi.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I've enjoyed using Kodi,I like the interface and everything. With my movies it always works perfectly just some of my TV shows get wonky.

How do people usually connect directly? With a local server? I have the Kodi app on my TV, so how would I get media on that? I used to move a thumb drive between my PC and a WDTV which was pretty lame.

What are the other options that might work? Also would be interested in something that worked well to stream to my Fire HD. Kodi works on it but not the best with touch controls.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to get episodes displayed correctly on TV and PC0