Migrate the full Kodi install from Raspberry Pi to OPENATV on VU+ Receiver
Hello

I would like to migrate my Full Install of KODI (Raspberry PI 3) incl. Settings, ADD-ONS etc. to my Receiver.

VU+ 4k ONE
OPENATV 6.2
KODI 17.6 installed

How can i to that?

Regards Stone
I'm guessing you actually want to migrate your settings over to a new target device.  Is that right?

Do you have any details of the target device? OS? Hardware, etc?  Do you wish to keep OpenATV, or replace it with Kodi?  (I've no knowledge of OpenATV).
Yes!
The FULL Settings inkl.
- LAN Connections (SMB and NFS)
- Database Connections
- ADD ONs (Software)

My goal is no reconfiguration - only migration to another hardware.

Source Device
Raspberry Pi 3
Kodi 17.6

Destination Device
VU+ Zero 4k
https://vuplus.de/produkte/detail/zero-4k/?p=10
And also VU+ UNO 4k
https://vuplus.de/produkte/detail/uno-4k/?p=8

Firmware OPENATV 6.2
Plugin KODI 17.6

thank you
Lightbulb 
Any Ideas?
On the Pi, Kodi stores all its add-ons and settings in the .kodi folder ( /storage/.kodi on LE, depending on what distro you're running it may be in a different place, and note it's a hidden folder due to the .).

I'm not sure what OS your other device runs, but you need to find the equivalent location where Kodi stores everything on there:

Android - Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi
Linux - ~/.kodi

If all else fails a look in the debug log (wiki) header on the system will tell you where things are stored.

What you need to do is copy the content of the .kodi folder from the Pi across to your other device, then you'll be as close to a clone as you can get. Note though that if files are stored in a different location or via a different reference method (like between Linux and Windows for example) then you can have problems. But in the worst case you can copy parts, and/or manually update things to repair the locations.

Note that depending on what you copy, you may need to re-enable add-ons manually on the new device (they will be installed but disabled - go into my addons and manually enable each one).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Pretty much what DarrenHill mentioned.  However, at this point I'd recommend:
  1. take some screenshots of important settings
  2. build a rudimentary test plan to check the settings have "taken".
Generally, if you migrate the settings over you want to find something's not working now, rather than later - and the screenshots can help verify settings appear identical on both.

Good luck, and let us know how it came out!
OK thank you i will try

until i will start the process i take a backup ;-)
(2018-09-27, 09:33)DarrenHill Wrote: I'm not sure what OS your other device runs, but you need to find the equivalent location where Kodi stores everything on there:
Android - Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi
Linux - ~/.kodi

Can you tell me where can i find the /.kodi folder?

regards
Ah you meen

ROOT: /home/osmc/.kodi

right ?
Looks about right (I don't run any OSMC based devices to confirm).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
So i copy the .kodi to my OPEN ATV Receiver

But it wos not working ;-/
Look in the debug log (wiki) to see what's happening. When you say "not working", could you be more specific?

It may be a question of file paths differing as noted before.

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok sorry was really poorly explained.

So I have transferred from the Raspberry the entire /.KODI folder on the Open ATV Receiver.
This one also has a /.KODI folder.
I overwrite existing files.

Then made a reboot.

However, the surface is still like a new installation.
No settings
No Lan connections
No database connections (movie database)

So the transfer alone is apparently too little. It still has to be activated somehow. Or it does not work that way.

Best regards
As it's coming from OSMC I would expect all the files are in the wrong place for a vanilla set-up, so you may have a lot of broken links that you would need to fix to point them to the correct place on the new device.

To be honest, in the time it would take to do that you can probably set the new device up more quickly from scratch by doing it manually.

Kodi Blog Posts
Big Grin 
OK ;-/

So i have no chance for a easy migration that would be my goal

regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migrate the full Kodi install from Raspberry Pi to OPENATV on VU+ Receiver0