v18 popcornmix/newclock5 confusion over tagged version
Looks like @popcornmix tagged  42241d2 today as newclock5_18.0b3-Leia but I cannot find that particular commit in the newclock5 branch.

https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commits/newclock5

Which commit should I pull in order to build newclock5_18.0b3-Leia?
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
If you want to build the tagged newclock5_18.0b3-Leia, then you just build from the tag.
The newclock5 branch changes (is rebased onto kodi master) everyday and may not exactly match the tag after a rebase.
Also note newclock5 contains more testing/debug commits that aren't intended in the tagged patches used in stable builds.
@popcornmix - I downloaded the tagged newclock5_18.0b3-Leia from the tag URL and built it (using the patched libbluray), but I do not see that the ffmpeg patches are applied: when I play an x265 video clip, here is the decoder it selects:
Code:
video decoder: ff-hevc-mmal (SW)
Pixel format: yuv420p10le

When I build from the newclock5 branch (building at commit 5718827da2a8aea8acf8d9265689705031d73289), it uses:
Code:
video decoder: ff-hevc_rpi-mmal (SW)
Pixel format: sand64_10

This result is consistent with when I boot into LE.

My goal is to build upstream kodi 18.0b3 with your modified ffmpeg goodies that require the patched libbluray.  I believe this is basically the same as LE uses. Am I correct or incorrect?
Oh, you'll need to cherry-pick "Tell ffmpeg to compile with raspberry pi support thus making the patches available" for the way you are building.
LibreELEC builds from newclock5_18.0b3-Leia but they build ffmpeg externally so they provide their own build flags.

I'll move that commit into the section that will appear in next tagged version.
@popcornmix - Sounds good.  So moving forward (ie when beta4 is released), I can just d/l your tagged version, build with the patched libbluray, and get the kodi upstream beta4 + the ffmpeg enhancements, correct?
I believe so. Certainly if the only thing missing currently is the cherry-pick of the ffmpeg compile commit.
Great, thanks again for this and for all the work you do for the project.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
popcornmix/newclock5 confusion over tagged version0