• 7(current)
[RELEASE] Ninja Video Plugin
Agreed... my reasoning for asking the devs is that obviously they'd be more aware of the script status than anyone. I totally take your point though, the likes of Voinage and the other devs must have little enough time to live their own life alongside developing new releases and updates to their existing modules.

My only worry about an open thread for plugins/scripts status is that users who are new to or inexperienced with XBMC could mistakenly post that a script or plugin is non-working when in fact it's a problem their end.

For example, reading through this thread it would appear as though the NinjaVideo plugin should be working, a point I was labouring under until you put me straight. Even Voinage himself yesterday at 16:04pm posted to suggest that I update my VeohProxy script in an attempt to fix the plugin, a point I personally (wrongly) read as meaning that the script is operational for most users.

Maybe a post that can only be updated by forum mods based on their own experience and feedback from the XBMC users themselves? This at least would reduce the burden on the devs whilst retaining a degree of accuracy in maintaining the plugin/script status list.

Just a thought.....
I just updated VeohProxy to V.1.3 a few hours ago. It's currently working for me with latest NinjaVideo plugin on XBMC for windows. There's also a windows installer for v.1.3, so you can enjoy NV with it on your windows machine without using NinjaVideos helper software (Now obfuscated/encrypted code - alittle scary I guess). Sometimes NinjaVideo has database problems right now. If a video doesn't play, just try again a few times.
10 points for Unbehagen!
nicoli_k Wrote:10 points for Unbehagen!

Another 90 if it really works, right?
it worked on the couple of videos that didn't work I tried just 30 minutes ago showing my cousin the content that I was able to watch. I updated veohproxy and they work like a charm now. 70 more points because I haven't tested all of them. it's much more promising than 1.2 was giving us though.
Anyone else having problems with the new VeohProxy and the NinjaVideo plugin? After 10min videos stop.
hew97 Wrote:Anyone else having problems with the new VeohProxy and the NinjaVideo plugin? After 10min videos stop.
You may want to try higher timeout values in the veohproxy script. There are a bunch of setTimeOut values in the script...try setting them all to 20 or so and see if this helps...
Unbehagen Wrote:You may want to try higher timeout values in the veohproxy script. There are a bunch of setTimeOut values in the script...try setting them all to 20 or so and see if this helps...

Hagen,

Is there a way that a dialogue or input box can be built in to the script utilizing the XBMC keyboard for our input. The dialogue could accept our own custom individual timeout settings?

Maybe a prompt when the script starts to accept defaults or use custom, we can enter the value that suits our needs. It could prompt everytime we start it up there'd be no need to save the setting..

It's just a suggestion/thought I'm not being nit-picky the script is awesome without it I don't know what all of us would do for streaming vids.. I've just been doing the switch media trick to copy the files to the HD to avoid getting kicked..Then I can watch the full feature without interruption...

If your too busy or it would be too much code or too much a bother I think we'd all understand.

I want to do the proverbial a**kiss now and thank you for all your efforts again...Keep it up dude..

"Rockout with your rooster out.." Cool heheh

FC
f8lcoder Wrote:Hagen,

Is there a way that a dialogue or input box can be built in to the script utilizing the XBMC keyboard for our input. The dialogue could accept our own custom individual timeout settings?
FC

I want to keep the script compatible with linux/windows/os x as well. A dialogue would be xbox-specific. But maybe I'll think of something that works in all worlds.A simple ini file maybe?Or different versions? Or add-on GUIs? I won't have time for the next two weeks to code it though, sorry...
Unbehagen Wrote:You may want to try higher timeout values in the veohproxy script. There are a bunch of setTimeOut values in the script...try setting them all to 20 or so and see if this helps...

BTW: Some timeouts are for the connection between XBMC and veohproxy and some are for the connection between veohproxy and veoh. That's why you will find this command in the script multiple times.
Unbehagen Wrote:I want to keep the script compatible with linux/windows/os x as well. A dialogue would be xbox-specific. But maybe I'll think of something that works in all worlds.A simple ini file maybe?Or different versions? Or add-on GUIs? I won't have time for the next two weeks to code it though, sorry...

Hagen,

I appreciate the fact that you're considering it, all things in due time my friend definately take your time with it and think it through.There may be more adjustable external variables you may want to include to allow for us users to tweak.

One of the reasons that I suggested it was so that we could do our own troubleshooting with a little bit of U.I.

It may eliminate some of the posts indicating that it didn't work for some individuals, followed by desperate pleas for help.

Likewise, if it didn't work after a bit of tweakin' & peakin' on it, there may be a bit more information for you to go on when fielding some of the reported problems.

Hopefully giving a us a little self serve troubleshooting before consulting the oracle.

Maybe free up some of your time and give you a bit of a break, ehh?

And hey, if doesn't work out it's no great shakes. None of us will be disappointed I'm sure.

Take it easy man,..or any other way you can get it....Big Grin heheh

Thanks. But how do I do that? Via default.py + Editor? There are no "TimeOut" parameters.
hew97 Wrote:Thanks. But how do I do that? Via default.py + Editor? There are no "TimeOut" parameters.

Here it is:
Line 381
Line 389
Line 409
Rainbow 
just to report that in the last few days all videos on Ninja vids have been making an odd noise at multiple points within the episode. playback stops. Seems the file is corrupt or slt. The errors occur predictibly at the same points in the episode...to get round u hav 2 fast forward...wondered if something was wrong with piecing the bits of the file together...using latest NV script & veohproxy 1.3...

Thanks folks!
TheBoxMan Wrote:just to report that in the last few days all videos on Ninja vids have been making an odd noise at multiple points within the episode. playback stops. Seems the file is corrupt or slt. The errors occur predictibly at the same points in the episode...to get round u hav 2 fast forward...wondered if something was wrong with piecing the bits of the file together...using latest NV script & veohproxy 1.3...

Thanks folks!

I guess those are points in the episode with a lot of movement in the picture. For example in the intro of Big Bang theory or the HBO logo with noise in the background? Then it's just bandwidth issues. Veoh is slow during some hours of the day. I guess I cannot do anything against this. I could try and implement and option to download multiple clusters at a time for people with higher bandwidth connections, maybe this would help?
As always: I don't have that problem. Maybe it's just my ISP that is way cooler than I thought...
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Ninja Video Plugin1