5.1 DD stutters for about 1 minute and then works, after switching to HD Channels.
Hello,

I would be really grateful for some help with sorting out my surround sound.

I am running the latest test version of Kodi 18 on a Raspberry Pi and the output runs via a Yamaha YHT-294 amp by HDMI.

I use TVHeadend as my backend and use Freesat for all my channels.

I have noticed that whenever I switch to an HD channel, the sound consistently stutters for about a minute and then suddenly works.

This happens for every HD channel (regardless of whether it is broadcasting 2.0 or 5.1) but does not not happen with any SD channels.

Any advice on how to stop this would be very much appreciated - I have messed around with every Kodi setting that I can find but nothing seems to help.

Thanks
As kodi does not support DolbyDigital for LiveTV streams, please ask for help in the Raspberry Pi forum as this functionality is provided by non mainline patches.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks very much - I hadn't realised that and it does seem to be the very likely cause (I didn't think to check whether the same thing happened when I played a recording).

I shall have this thread moved to the Pi section.
A debug log (wiki) would help, but have you enabled PLL as resampling method? That's a non-default setting that doesn't work in all situations.
Try setting the system/audio settings back to default and only make changes one at a time to see if one causes the issue.
Excellent - thanks very much for that.  

Turned off PLL and it works perfectly now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 DD stutters for about 1 minute and then works, after switching to HD Channels.0