Solved Movies doesn't get inside library
I tested nearby everything and i really don't understand why some movies doesn't get recognized and added to my library:

My movies directory structure is always the same for all the movies:
MAIN DIRECTORY
|-MOVIE TITLE (YEAR)
   |-MOVIE TITLE (YEAR).FILE EXTENSION

I have some little problem with just 3 movies, i tried every kind of rename, searched on moviedb and imdb for year, name in all the languages etc...
nothing, searching by media library it says me always: no result found

Any idea?
Tried to move directory and files to another place, rename.
Which movies? What are their filenames?

Can you gather a debug log (wiki) of trying to scrape just those three and upload it to our paste site? Details of how to are in the next post.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-11-27, 16:59)DarrenHill Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
  The movies titles are:
Emoji the Movie (2017)
The Limehouse Golem (2016)
Searching (2018)

I'm doing right now a debug log
The strange fact is that in the debug log seems searching for how the file was named before and not the actually file name
Like if someway it keeps in memory the previous name and search for the previous name instead of the new file name
The first one should be "The Emoji Movie" rather than what you have above, but the other two look OK.

Normally you shouldn't actually need the year unless there are multiple movies of the same name done in different years (so you can differentiate them). In none of those cases that applies, so maybe just try naming them "The Emoji Movie", "The Limehouse Golem" and "Searching" respectively and try that?

The easy way to tell what they should be called is to go to the site associated with the scraper (usually themoviedb.org for the default movie scraper) and look there.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-11-27, 17:39)DarrenHill Wrote: The first one should be "The Emoji Movie" rather than what you have above, but the other two look OK.

Normally you shouldn't actually need the year unless there are multiple movies of the same name done in different years (so you can differentiate them). In none of those cases that applies, so maybe just try naming them "The Emoji Movie", "The Limehouse Golem" and "Searching" respectively and try that?

The easy way to tell what they should be called is to go to the site associated with the scraper (usually themoviedb.org for the default movie scraper) and look there.
 Solved the problem by unchecking the "Use video tags" and everything is on the right place now
Probably some tag mislead the research
Good to hear, and nice to see someone who tags their thread solved correctly too Wink

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies doesn't get inside library0