VDR VNSI issue with skipping in TV recordings (solved)
Hello,

I purchased a NVIDIA shield TV and use it to playback my VDR recordings. Previously I used a VDR computer and also Rapsi with openelec to do this. 
Only on my shield boxes I'm experiencing issues when I advance inside the recordings for example skipping advertisements. Especially when rewinding not that often on forwarding.
The behaveiour is that the buffering is showing 100% (buffering symbol in the middle of the screen will not disappear) and the playback time is stucking for a few seconds then the times continues but no sound and the last image frozen on the screen I've got to close the movie and choose continue playing at xx:xx:xx time which is stored thanks to good kodi developers.
Sometimes on advacing I hear only sound and the image is stucking for a few seconds but then it is back in sync and continues playback normally.

I extracted a logfile from the shield with debugging active.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ahazerejab.kodi

Is there any specific settings or something I can do to reduce or completely get rid of this issue?

Thanks in advance for your tips and suggestions.

Best regards

Kitsab
Kodi Helix 14.2 on Ubuntu Server 14.04. with PVR-VDR Client Version 2.2.0.
Proc: AMD 4850e / Mobo: GA-MA790-DS4H Onboard Grafik AMD HD3300/ 4GB Ram / 64GB SSD for system and PVR Client Recordings / Raid 5 (4x 750GB HDD).
Hello,

at the moment it looks like I was able to solve the issue by myself. 
I did some research in the forums for certain error log messages and tried a bit around with the settings. The following setting solved it:

In settings - playback - video section there are two "hardware acceleration" options.
As soon as I deacivated: Allow hardware acceleration - Mediacodec (Surface) it wokred perfectly with no freezes while skipping in recordings
The second one: Allow hardware acceleration - Mediacodec could stay on for me.

Thanks for reviewing my post, I'm happy it is solved now.

Best regards

Kitsab
Kodi Helix 14.2 on Ubuntu Server 14.04. with PVR-VDR Client Version 2.2.0.
Proc: AMD 4850e / Mobo: GA-MA790-DS4H Onboard Grafik AMD HD3300/ 4GB Ram / 64GB SSD for system and PVR Client Recordings / Raid 5 (4x 750GB HDD).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDR VNSI issue with skipping in TV recordings (solved)0