Sony Android TV + Kodi 17.6 + NextPVR
Here is my de'lemon...

System: Windows 10 Home x64 bit
Kodi 17.6 x32 bit
NextPVR Addon 2.4.13

I have Kodi 17.6 and NextPVR up and running on my HTPC with no issues.  Recording, playback, live TV, etc.  For the purpose of this discussion, my IP address on my home network is 192.168.0.107 and my port is the default 8866.

I installed the exact same version of Kodi on my Sony Android TV.  Going into setup, I enable the NextPVR addon and configure it to point to 192.168.0.107 and port 8866.  When I enable it, it takes a few moments and then gives me an error "NextPVR Add-on couldn't be loaded" with an unknown error.  I've tried to get the TV to log events, but I can not locate/access the log files on the TV.

My question is, has anyone been successful using this setup?  I've read many posts on this same subject matter, but none seemed to have quite the same set up as I do.  Is it a Sony problem?  Android TV problem?  Or a NextPVR/Kodi problem.  I'm sure my server is set up correctly and I can access it from web browser, jut not from within the Kodi app on the TV.

Any help/suggestions would be most appreciated.  And I apologize for hitting this thread with yet another I can't get my PVR working post.

Thanks All!
(2018-12-25, 03:09)Gralli Wrote:   I've tried to get the TV to log events, but I can not locate/access the log files on the TV.
Use this... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Kodi_Logfile_Uploader
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Tried downloading the logfile uploader.  When i click on download on the TV, it just goes back to the list of available downloads.  I'll reset the tv/kodi/etc and try again.  Just to clarify though, my setup should work?  Correct?  Someone out there has installed this and got it working between an Android TV and HTPC?
Hi There.  Not sure if you solved this. 

I had the same issue with same equipment (Sony Android TV etc.).  I found there is a permission in Kodi (can't remember exactly where it is) that allows it to use Add-Ons from unverified sources, or something like that.  I allowed that and the NextPVR plug in started working.

Note the integration is not clean.  Within the plug in the 'Run' and 'Uninstall' remain greyed out, but it does enable (it shows a 'tick' for enabled in the Add On list - and that had been stuck as a cross when it wouldn't work)

Gibbo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Android TV + Kodi 17.6 + NextPVR0