Solved No video addons will install
Hi i'm on linux mint 18.04  I've got 4 different computers running this same os, and none of them will install addons to kodi.

Any ideas?  Robb
https://paste.kodi.tv/uyupisafic.kodi
No good. We need the full log with Debug Mode enabled.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-12-30, 06:08)Karellen Wrote: No good. We need the full log with Debug Mode enabled.
ok thanks....here it is...
https://paste.kodi.tv/efemarozoh.kodi
(2018-12-30, 06:15)Rube2112 Wrote: ok thanks....here it is...
Still not a full kodi.log file, and it also contains references to a banned add-on...

Either cough up with what was requested (that is a FULL log file WITHOUT any banned add-ons installed), or stop wasting our time.
I really don't know what you're talking about.  Are you saying that the addon won't install because it is banned?  That is the entire logfile from the time debug was turned on, and an attempt to install the addon was made.  The addon i was trying to install is named in the logfile.  I'd appreciate if you could explain without the attitude, because i honestly do not know what you are trying to say..  Robb
(2018-12-30, 06:32)Rube2112 Wrote: That is the entire logfile from the time debug was turned on, and an attempt to install the addon was made
We don't want a conditional debug log. We want the full debug log. From Startup to Shutdown. Put it this way, if you know exactly what to give us, then you should know enough to then sort out your own problem.

As for the banned issue, read our Forum Rules and then view our example list of Banned Add-ons (wiki). You then decide if it is worth asking your question,
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-12-30, 06:32)Rube2112 Wrote: That is the entire logfile from the time debug was turned on
As previously requested, we would like the WHOLE log file, irrespective of when debug was turned on or not. Every part of the log file is vital: machine details, OS software, loaded plugins, the works. The attitude simply comes in automatically when people keep withholding the information they are asked for. You're not making it easy for us to solve a problem by leaving out pieces of the puzzle.

Banned addons (wiki) are those add-ons that provide video streams of movies/tvshows/sports/etc for free, which you would normally have to pay for via your TV/movie/internet provider. CCloud is mentioned in your previous log snippet, but it is on Kodi's list of add-ons which are banned. As per forum rules (wiki), Kodi provides no support when user systems have any of those add-ons installed. It's our zero-tolerance stance on video piracy. Hence again the attitude.

So can we now have the full kodi.log file, please? Smile
Ok, I'm starting to get a picture of what is going on.  It just so happens that I can't install anything whether banned or not.  I just completely removed kodi and the settings folder then reinstalled.  I think the problem is that there is no kodi built in kodi repository present like there is on other peoples machines.  Is there a way to manually add the kodi built in repository?  Thanks.....Robb
Kodi has its own repository built in by default. You may have to refresh it if after a Kodi installation if the network didn't work or come up properly.

Since we still don't have a crystal ball, a proper kodi.log will be the first piece of evidence. Either that, or we'll move along. Last chance.
(2018-12-30, 07:17)Klojum Wrote: Kodi has its own repository built in by default. You may have to refresh it if after a Kodi installation if the network didn't work or come up properly.

Since we still don't have a crystal ball, a proper kodi.log will be the first piece of evidence. Either that, or we'll move along. Last chance.
 here it is.  No kodi built in repository.....
https://paste.kodi.tv/wofagumega.kodi
Quote:00:20:09.015 T:139932435427264 NOTICE: Starting Kodi from Debian (17.6 Debian package version: 2:17.6+dfsg1-1ubuntu1). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit
00:20:09.015 T:139932435427264 NOTICE: Using Release Kodi from Debian x64 build
00:20:09.015 T:139932435427264 NOTICE: Kodi from Debian compiled from 2:17.6+dfsg1-1ubuntu1 by GCC 6.4.0 for Linux x86 64-bit version 4.15.15 (265999)

I think you have not used Kodi's own PPA for Ubuntu Linux, and simply installed it from the Ubuntu Software Store? Because there is a difference.
(2018-12-30, 07:29)Klojum Wrote:
Quote:00:20:09.015 T:139932435427264 NOTICE: Starting Kodi from Debian (17.6 Debian package version: 2:17.6+dfsg1-1ubuntu1). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit
00:20:09.015 T:139932435427264 NOTICE: Using Release Kodi from Debian x64 build
00:20:09.015 T:139932435427264 NOTICE: Kodi from Debian compiled from 2:17.6+dfsg1-1ubuntu1 by GCC 6.4.0 for Linux x86 64-bit version 4.15.15 (265999)

I think you have not used Kodi's own PPA for Ubuntu Linux, and simply installed it from the Ubuntu Software Store? Because there is a difference
 thanks for your time.  yes i had installed kodi from ubuntu.  I wasn't aware there was a difference.  I think all is well now....thanks again.....Robb
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video addons will install0