Solved Kodi crashes when playing some files
Hi,

I am having problems with Kodi 17.6:
When I try to play some files it just crashes although most of them play just fine. The file I tested in order to get the log works in VLC without issues.
Because the log was too long for paste.kodi.tv I remove all lines having to do with file scanning (folders being skipped because they haven't changed for example) as I don't think they will be relevant here.
If you need the crashdump I can also add it but there is not much info there (Exception Code 0xC0000005) and hopefully, the log file will be enough.
You can find it under iqerajitov.kodi (paste)

I hope someone can help me
I suspect this "The database disk image is malformed" which would account for most of your troubles. Suggestion: The is an opportunity to update to Kodi Leia /64 (portable mode) and see if the database becomes salvageable, Databases (wiki). I should note, better to toggle library updates off instead of editing when submitting a log. If Kodi is stuck in some sort of update, it can cause issues.
Thanks,

As far as I can tell, Kodi 18rc5x64 handles the files that previously lead to crashes effortlessly.
So just updating did the trick.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes when playing some files0