Relocating Kodi Databases to another location
Is it possible to relocate the kodi databases, for movies, tv shows, videos, music, pictures, etc? 
I'm having issues with a slowness in browsing the media folders. It seems almost as if Kodi crashes but it's not. It's 'compressing databases'. 
It seems when ever I go into my media folders, mostly because I want to correct, re-scan, change scraper, etc. it almost crashes to the point where windows thinks it has crashed and asks me if I want to wait, or close Kodi.

It would really be nice, and a great feature, to have a
Master
Slave 
 -- mode. In that machines set as Master maintain the database. Those that are set as slave, access that database.
Of course have a field to point the master to look to a particular drive:\folder 
And if slave, to point that machine to a master (browser smb? )

I have quite a lot of movies ripped. Been doing it for a long long time, storing so I can be lazy and have them at my finger tips. 
I don't want to say how many I have, and many will say that it doesn't matter but I see the difference in speed from an I5 16gig ram, 512gb SSD to a I7 super fast, 32gig, 512gb ssd 
My main, living room HTPC is the faster. The bedroom has the slower. 
They both fetch from a large NAS that is 10gb fiber to an L3 switch  (what can I say, I'm a Cisco engineer)

Any helps, info, etc would be great. If I knew the config file that the database locations were stored I could edit. 
But, i'm not sure if Kodi would want things back to default and overwrite my changes.

Thanks!
@NeuroPsyche

Post a Debug Log, and we can see where the bottleneck is. You may not need to move your library if it is a simple fix. Just make sure you capture the slowness in the log...

1. Enable Debugging mode.
    a. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option or
    b. press ctrl-shift-d on a keyboard
  2. Restart Kodi. Do not skip this step or you may be asked to do it again.
  3. Replicate the problem. Now that debug mode is enabled, repeat the steps that cause the problem.
  4. Upload the log using either the:
    a. Manual method to Kodi Paste Site. Log location is detailed here... Log_file/Advanced#Location (wiki) (see next section for more details), or
    b. Add-on method using the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki)
    With either method post the address link in the address bar in a new post in your thread.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Relocating Kodi Databases to another location0