Reinstalled Kodi 18. Android Shield. Dont add RAR anymore.
Made a clean install on kodi 18, and started to add some series. Just 15 series, 9 worked, (no rars).
Rest kodi finds, but 0 episodes, have tryed other scrapers aswell. Didnt work.
Everything is working in Kodi 17.6. Find all series and movies and adds em.

Heard from others losing alot of series and movies after updating, just bequze rar files.
You probably need to install the RAR archive support add-on from the virtual filesystems section of the official repo.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
didnt work, maybe something with with scrapers..
@Combi

(2019-01-30, 11:13)Combi Wrote: Made a clean install on kodi 18, and started to add some series. Just 15 series, 9 worked, (no rars).
Are you using NFO Files? Also, what do you mean by "no rars"? Are you saying that you don't use rars at all, or only the rars were not scraped?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Using nfos, with no rar I just mean plane files, avi, mkv.. works fine, to add. But in RAR archive its doesnt add any more. Tryed VFS didnt change anything thing, still doesnt add Rars.
Same problem here. Worked 100% with Kodi 17.6. Updated to 18 and now almost all my rar-archive gone missing (19 out of 21). All of them was accounted for in 17.6 Must be something with Kodi 18.
Installed VFS but no change. Still didn't add. If I unpacked one serie that I had with rar-files then Kodi found it. Something must have been done with Kodi.
I haven't changed anything besides updating to v18. I run on Nvidia Shield.
I also got this problem after an update from 17.6 -> 18. 

All my tv shows and movies are in RAR files except one, that one Kodi finds. However my tv shows and movies that are compressed wont show up. When navigating through file explorer I find the folder to be empty except from sample folder.

I had no problem what so ever untill the lastest update and yesturday everything worked just fine
You are not alone with this problem.. Very BIG PROBLEM! ):
I had to go back to 17.6 and now everything works perfect again....
We need the Debug Log please which captures you attempting to scrape the rar files.

You will need to provide a debug log. Full instructions are in my signature below, but here is a quick guide...

1. Enable Debugging mode.
    a. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option or
    b. press ctrl-shift-d on a keyboard
  2. Restart Kodi. Do not skip this step or you may be asked to do it again.
  3. Replicate the problem. Now that debug mode is enabled, repeat the steps that cause the problem.
  4. Upload the log using either the:
    a. Manual method to Kodi Paste Site. Log location is detailed here... Log_file/Advanced#Location (wiki) (see next section for more details), or
    b. Add-on method using the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki)
    With either method post the address link in the address bar in a new post in your thread.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Storing movie files in rat files is silly now days and completely unnecessary.
That's my opinion
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So with your opinion, we fix the problem!.. Lamer!
I don't understand. It worked perfect with 17.6 It doesn't work on 18. I didn't change anything, I mean why should I? All media files was found in 17.6 mkv, avi, mpg and also those in rar-archives.
Now I update to a new beautiful Kodi v18 and everything breaks. rar-archives don't show up and scan media crashes Kodi everytime.

17.6 finds everything, all media files and rar-archives. No VFS add-on needed. 18 doesn't find rar-archive, not even WITH VFS add-on or other archive add-ons
If I un-rar Kodi finds it. If I make an nfo-file it works for two archives then Kodi starts to crash everytime I try to scan media.
I cleared cache and tried again, it crash. I removed the nfo-files I made, still crash.

To me v18 is broken. 17.6 is working.
I would love to give you a logfile, but I got tired of this broken version of Kodi so I cleared cache/data and uninstalled v18 and went back to the lovely 17.6 and now it is 100% again Smile

Sorry for being a bit bitter.
I agree, most tv shows are compressed in rar and uncompressing them just takes up double the space. Its kind of a hassle when you have a collection of 15 series complete.
(2019-01-30, 21:07)Combi Wrote: So with your opinion, we fix the problem!.. Lamer!
Be careful what you wish for when you start to call Team Kodi people names.
We have forum rules (wiki) here in case you hadn't noticed during your forum registration, and they will be enforced.
(2019-01-30, 20:52)Martijn Wrote: Storing movie files in rat files is silly now days and completely unnecessary.
That's my opinion

The FTV only supports FAT32 file structure, which means if I want to watch something off my USB stick larger than 4GB, I need to rar it into 4GB chunks.

Not everybody has the same use case as you, and I find it completely silly and unnecessary to assume they do.
That’s my opinion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reinstalled Kodi 18. Android Shield. Dont add RAR anymore.0