Solved Went back to Kodi 17, v18 (exe or app) not working for me
I had a fine running Kodi 17 on my Windows 10 (1809) mediacenter.

Going back to that now after trying v18

The x64 exe version constantly gave black screens when starting movie and only thing i could do was sign off in windows because screen stayed black
Also kodi would freeze up lots of times.
With the Store app version i could not get "adjust display refresh rate" and "sync playback to display" to work at all.
But most of all:  Why o why is smb support removedHuh?  My Movies are on smb shares on a NAS. 

Pretty disappoited with v18. 

Sad

regards,
hoogends
(can not edit my original post?)

Als i use a Sonos 5.1 sound system.
mediacenter connected via HDMI to Samsung TV and from there with optical to Sonos.
Config in kodi is 2.0 audio and passtrough enabled with DD (AC3) capable and AC3 trancoding.
Works fine in Kodi 17,  not in v18.
sometimes slowmotion video playback (?) , no surround sound or none at all.

just installed v17.6 and all is well.
Can you provide a debug log (wiki) of such an occurrence so the dev's can look into it and see what's happening when they have time?

Details of how to do that are in the next post.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Sad 
Sorry guys, but this is pointless and waste of time for me.
I want to provide info, but even that does'nt work.
i enabled debug logging, installed Kodi Logfile Uploader and restarted kodi.
Tried as much to replicate the issues that i encounter, but the log file stays empty according to the addon.   Undecided
Seems the log is not empty, the addon won't show contents when i choose view.

This is for the Windows Store version  of v18:
I have uploaded the log:  https://paste.kodi.tv/ozoxixoqik.kodi
I use a windows 10 mediacenter (Asus Z170-A, MSI GTX 1050),connected via HDMI to Samsung UE65NU8000 and from there via optical audio out to Sonos Soundbar (+sub and 2x play1)

issues:
- Exit Kodi, it hangs most times (in this session after enebling debug)could choose "close window" in taskbar though.
- Everything default: Sound goes constantly on/of in sequence (some sort of stutter)
- MKV movie playback seems slowed down, like sort of slowmotion
- (for Sonos to get surround) Allow passthrough, Dolby Digital (AC3) Capable   Receiver, Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) Transcoding, i get NO sound (in Kodi 17.6 exe this works !!!)
- Windows is set to 1920x1080 100Hz, when i configure "Sync Playback to Display" it stays on 100Hz and does't switch to 24p as is the case in 17.6 exe
- When the app was upgraded to, i blank icon remains in my taskbar that i also cannot remove.

When i want to upload log via Kodi Logfile uploader, i get a QR code, what am i supposed to do with that ?

The issue with SMB is solved with enabling  SMB support (libsmb2)
I also could copy the db content to new location as explained on this forum.
I've got the 64bit exe version i bit better under control, as long as i dont use "Sync Playback To Display" in Player options.
So i will not send logs from that one.
Soled most issues myself.
Only thing is that Store version crashes quite often, no error, it just disappears.

Stil have this unremovable icon in on my taskbar after store updated v17.6 to v18
No "unpin from taskbar" option it's just stuck there...
(2019-02-01, 20:07)hoogends Wrote: Stil have this unremovable icon in on my taskbar after store updated v17.6 to v18
Google searchHuh https://www.google.com.au/search?source=...Ykrz2XyabQ
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Was trying to avoid creating new profile, did that.
taskbar icons now ok, but now the Kodi Store App does not start.
So i jump from one issue into another Sad
I'll try re-installing the app .....
Oh-my-goodness Sad
Not really a Kodi issue, but what the h***
Did not remove account, only profile.
recreated useraccount and so far ok.
Information 
Plz mark thread as Solved.
No significant issues anymore as of yesterday.
User request.

Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Went back to Kodi 17, v18 (exe or app) not working for me0