new Kodi 18 cannot access old smb sources
Hi
I had kodi 17 which worked fine.
I have 3 smb network shared.
Since Kodi 18 i get the message "invalid argument" or "couldn't connect to server".
Anyone knows what's happening ?

Thank you for your responses.
To be precise :
I have a Nvidia Shield first version, HD.
Kodi 18 is installed on it.
I have a server on windows 10 with smb 1 client and server enabled.
(2019-02-04, 17:16)Daydreamer057 Wrote: I have a server on windows 10 with smb 1 client and server enabled.
Why would you keep using the insecure SMBv1, and not the SMBv2 that Kodi 18 uses by default?
OK 
how do i use smb 2 on windwos and kodi ?
SMBv2 is default on Kodi 18, and if you have received all updates for Windows, then your PC should be able to do SMBv2 as well.
Do note that SMBv2 requires a Windows user with a password, and that network browsing has been disabled by MS.
So, you will likely need to use the "Add a network location.." option in Kodi and enter all credentials manually.
I have a similar issue. I have an older NAS drive with 4TB. 
I had no issues with Kodi 17.6. But as soon as I went to 18 I can't play movies. Here is what's weird, the scraper recognizes the movies and uses all the fan art that is in the folders. But when I try to play I get the spinning wheel and then nothing. I have gone into the Kodi SMB and lowered all to SMB1. Still won't play.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-02-04, 16:31)Daydreamer057 Wrote: Hi
I had kodi 17 which worked fine.
I have 3 smb network shared.
Since Kodi 18 i get the message "invalid argument" or "couldn't connect to server".
Anyone knows what's happening ?

Thank you for your responses.
Follow these instructions.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2741932
How were these issues fixed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new Kodi 18 cannot access old smb sources0