Kodi 18 does not remember subtitle position after restart
I did fresh install Kodi 18 on last Thursday. I completely removed previous Kodi install and all the user settings (Kodi folder from %appdata%) before install.

Everything else is working very smoothly (thank you guys for the good work!), but for some strange reason Kodi doesn't remember user-changed subtitle position (changed at Settings/System/Display/Video calibration).

Everytime I restart Kodi the subtitle position is reverted back to 2084 from any other setting I have made.

I have also tried the keyboard command Ctrl+↑ to move subtitles up while watching videos, but it only works until restart of Kodi.

And I did also edit guisettings.xml (%appdata%/Kodi/userdata) and manually changed all subtitles from position 2084 to 1900 (at every available Hz setting for 3840x2160 resolution), but no effect.

Code:
        <resolution>
            <description>Generic PnP Monitor #1: 3840x2160 @ 60.00Hz</description>
            <subtitles>1900</subtitles>
            <pixelratio>1.000000</pixelratio>
            <overscan>
                <left>0</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <right>3840</right>
                <bottom>2160</bottom>
            </overscan>
        </resolution>

Which or what setting(s) does overdrive current user's settings?

As said before, Kodi is freshly installed, no additional themes/skins installed, and only addons installed are for Opensubtitles, Backup and Library Auto Update.

And all the other user settings are perfectly saved and correctly working as they should...

I'm using 64-bit version of Kodi at Windows 10 64-bit (10.0.17134)

Log file is in here; https://pastebin.com/EWYkZdUA

Anybody else facing the same issue? Any tips how I could try to fix this small but very annoying problem?  Huh
Try using this workaround, convert the subtitles from  "SRT" to "ASS" format using "Subtitle Edit", from "Options" menu choose "Settings" then choose "ASS/SSA Style", and change the "Margin vertical" value until you get the subtitle in the position you want.

Just to let you know that this was fixed on version 18.2.
Everything is working now like charm Smile

Thank you guys!
The problem is back in new release when change display framerate is on.
(2019-09-27, 20:14)kofii12345 Wrote: The problem is back in new release when change display framerate is on.

Yes, it also happens to my on Nexus Player
Hello !

I encounter the same problem with kodi 18.4 on my shieldTV ,someone found how to resolve this problem please ?

thanks !
Hi,

Same here with Kodi 18.5.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 does not remember subtitle position after restart0