Kodi 18 Crash Several Ways
Running v18 on a fresh install of Windows 1809.  I first tried installing the x64 package and all was well until I tried to play any file (movie or tv).  It would start for a half second then Kodi would crash.  After no luck with that, I installed the Window Store version and everything seemed to be ok (I could play files, etc).  Then I turned off my tv and back on again and Kodi had crashed (not resized or windowed, but fully shut down crash).

I'm at a loss, any ideas?  At this point Kodi is about useless on my box.  I was going to try uninstalling and go to the 32bit version to see what new issue I might get but hoping someone might have some ideas on either of these crashes?

When I get a chance I'll see if I can get a log - I'm currently on Windows Store version with the crash on tv off issue (maybe its changing resolution or something that make it crash?)

BTW no had zero issues with 17.x versions for the past years, just started happening with v18.
Smacks of a graphic engine issue, when you start to play a video is when Kodi pulls on the video software and toggles features inside your driver. Stick with windows 64 downloaded from this web site, it's something we can tweak on a individual basis. A debug log is going to help a lot, follow the wiki link in my signature and if you can't even get Kodi up to the splash screen refer to setcion 1.2 Turn on debugging using a file (advancedsettings.xml)

Bye & Bye - pull out the joystick if you have one plugged in, and take out the DVD.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 Crash Several Ways0