v18 MilkDrop problems
Hi I have tried MilkDrop and MilkDrop2 with PVR Radio in Kodi but they both seem to cause Kodi to hang without a crash dump.  I am using PVR Radio as the source and a few other testing a new version are reporting this as well.  Spectrum seems to work ok.

In general are the MilkDrop visualizations running well on Leia with W10 64?

Martin
(2019-02-20, 18:59)emveepee Wrote: ... and a few other testing a new version are reporting...

A new version of what? What is your Kodi related business, if I may ask?
(2019-02-21, 10:50)ksooo Wrote: A new version of what? What is your Kodi related business, if I may ask? 
 You may.  I am working to submit a PR to sub3 for pvr.nextpvr that fixes several v18 related issues.  I actually recently commented to you on the recently added pvr.nextpvr issue.

Martin
(2019-02-21, 15:17)emveepee Wrote:
(2019-02-21, 10:50)ksooo Wrote: A new version of what? What is your Kodi related business, if I may ask? 
 You may.  I am working to submit a PR to sub3 for pvr.nextpvr that fixes several v18 related issues.  I actually recently commented to you on the recently added pvr.nextpvr issue.

Martin

That's great.

And please forgive me, I read and write so many Kodi related stuff along the days that I can't remember each and every person that commented on something I wrote. ;-)
I'm seeing a similar issue with the 3rd-party pvr.hdhomerundvr add-on by Michael Brehm (djp952).

https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerundvr

In my case, on a first run (vanilla install) I can get it to work fine (radio streams). On any subsequent run / session, I get 500ms - 1 second of audio, after which the audio stops. Milkdrop 2 is still "active" in the background, and skin animation like audio CD animation (Aeon Madnox) is still functioning. However, attempting to stop playback or back out of the music vis window (back to the home screen) results in a hard freeze of Kodi.

The only "Errors" present in the log take the form of "ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPacketsRenderer - timeout adding data to renderer".

Task Manager shows varying CPU usage for the Kodi application, but the process is hard frozen and must be forcibly closed. If I disable Milkdrop 2 (I just changed Music Vis to none), the problem disappears.

EDIT: I must point out that this same add-on (pvr.hdhomerundvr) works on radio channels, with Milkdrop 2 set as the music visualization in Kodi Krypton 17.6 without issue.
Thanks for confirming that the problem is not specific to pvr.nextpvr.  I also found the first play was ok.  I will leave it for a MilkDrop user to open an issue.

Martin
For me, Shadertoy and Vortex visualizations also cause similar effects with the stream, and neither visualizer actually "works" either (Win 10). Waveform and Spectrum however are working without issue.

With the other two, similar behaviour will occur in the PVR add-on, but not so quickly. i.e: I get about a minute of audio with those visualizers before the stream dies. Same conditions as above. System still responsive until playback stop is attempted, or backing out of the music vis screen, or indeed any keypress that initiates a "change" to the current window.

As I was the user that requested MilkDrop 2 support in Kodi, I'll submit a ticket, but I need to do more testing to be absolutely sure of what i'm experiencing first. Using two separate NAS devices for my media, and a Powerline AV2-based network, I want to be sure there are no problems on the hardware side that might be confusing the issue. To that end, i'm going to re-enable Mike's HDHomeRun DVR add-on on the other two systems I run (that are my media consumption devices & daily drivers), and see if the issues are the same there.

I will say that I've also seen these freezes happen while using Zoltan Csizmadia's HDHomeRun PVR add-on as well, but not as consistently as with Mike's add-on. However, that one doesn't contain any DVR functionality either, just playback, which may, or may not be relevant.
Greetings. Is either version of Milkdrop working on Win 10 64? I've listed both onto a new Kodi install and get nothing.

Thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
v18 MilkDrop problems0