Downgrade from v18 to v17
Since no one managed to solve my problem with v18 crashing on skipping in the timeline I need to downgrade to v17 since it's a future I have to be able to use.
Can this be done by just installing it over v18 or will I loose all settings and such?
Downgrading is something most of use are not too familiar with, the idea is to press forward and fix the issue. I doubt a simple over install is going to work well, most of the library components are not compatible and skins have been adjusted. Suggestion: try to fix what you have 'let's have a proper debug log' alternatively run a portable installation of the version that you think suits.
(2019-02-25, 02:12)PatK Wrote: Downgrading is something most of use are not too familiar with, the idea is to press forward and fix the issue. I doubt a simple over install is going to work well, most of the library components are not compatible and skins have been adjusted. Suggestion: try to fix what you have 'let's have a proper debug log' alternatively run a portable installation of the version that you think suits.
I did post a debug log but didn't get any more responses so took that as no one was interested in solving the problem. But I'll gladly take any pointers from you how to fix it.
Anyone else got some info about this? Maybe done it themselves?

Cause help with solving the original problem went into a dead end once again...
No, I have never done it. How did you upgrade? Was it a fresh install or did you upgrade v17 to v18.

If you upgraded from v17 to v18, your old databases will still be there, but your add-ons have been upgraded to v18 compatability.

There is no code to roll-back to a previous version in Kodi.

Best thing to do is just start fresh.

As for your original problem, sorry I cannot assist there.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you, that's the type of answer I was after.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Downgrade from v18 to v170