TV controller
Hi,

I am trying to use my raspberry pi running kodi on my new Samsung TV (replaced an old Panasonic tv). The Samsung TV remote is not working with kodi presumably because I was using it with a Panasonic tv.

Is there any way to reset the kodi raspberry pi box so it now operates with the Samsung controller?

I know the Samsung controllers to work with it because I've setup a raspberry pi in the past with a Samsung TV and it works fine.

Thanks in advance

Fei
I don't own a recent Samsung TV, but the solution to your problem is probably here: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/samsung-tv-...63-15.html.

Let us know if it now works for you.
Unfortunately not, that is anyway. I read further into it and that feature doesn't support Kodi and pi.

The problem I think is with the CEC file being set up for my old Panasonic tv not my Samsung bit there doesn't be any way of deleting it or editing the setting
(2019-03-02, 11:19)Fatfei Wrote: The problem I think is with the CEC file being set up for my old Panasonic tv not my Samsung bit there doesn't be any way of deleting it or editing the setting
 There is no CEC configuration file on the Kodi/Pi side, nor is one necessary.  You should check the CEC configuration menu on your new tv.  Also, try disconnecting all devices in the chain from power at the mains, restart all devices and allow them to boot completely before booting the pi.
Thanks I'll give it a go
Quote:1. Open the External Device Manager. To activate HDMI-CEC, go to the External Device Manager, found under the General Settings menu.

2. Activate CEC. The first option in the External Device Manager is Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC). Select this item, and press Enter to activate the feature.

Once HDMI-CEC is activated, you can use it with any HDMI-connected device that supports the CEC standard.
This is from the link in my first reply. Can you confirm that Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) has been activated on your TV?

My TV is a Sharp Aquos and this feature is named Aquos Link. Control is set to On and that's all there is to it.
According to what I read that definitely doesn't work

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...p?t=192145
(2019-03-03, 01:31)Fatfei Wrote: According to what I read that definitely doesn't work

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...p?t=192145
 Unless I'm reading it wrong, the OP in the other forum had some success:
Quote:So I got the CEC remote to work with the Samsung Universal Remote (Model A07-10200 "Smart Controller" which is Bluetooth not IR that came with the TV) by literally doing nothing.

Since basic CEC features are working I am happy, but I would like to complete the setup.
I understand that the Samsung technology is designed to do more than the basic stuff most of us do with CEC, namely control kodi with the TV remote (or a universal remote). Are you saying you can't get the basic commands to work?
I believe he's using a pii 3 though. Sorry I didn't say, I'm using a pii 2. When I get the chance I'm going to change the HDMI cable as I read someone did that and it worked.

It definitely works with that TV and I just know if I reinstalled Kodi it'll work.

I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks for the help it's much appreciated. 👍
If your HDMI cable worked with the other TV, then it must support CEC. Same thing with your Pi. The only new element in your setup is the Samsung TV. 

On your Pi, can you run this command and give us the output?

echo "scan" | cec-client RPI -s -d 1

Thanks.
(2019-03-03, 16:22)ArsenoLupino Wrote:  

Hi,

This is what I got

Kodi:~ # echo "scan" | cec-client RPI -s -d 1
opening a connection to the CEC adapter...
requesting CEC bus information ...
CEC bus information
===================
device #1: Recorder 1
address:       3.0.0.0
active source: no
vendor:        Pulse Eight
osd string:    CECTester
CEC version:   1.4
power status:  on
language:      eng

currently active source: unknown (-1)
Clearly, your RPi is not seeing the TV. The output of the command you entered should be something like this:
Quote:opening a connection to the CEC adapter...
requesting CEC bus information ...
CEC bus information
===================
device #0: TV
address:       0.0.0.0
active source: no
vendor:        Samsung
osd string:    TV
CEC version:   unknown
power status:  standby
language:      eng

device #1: Recorder 1
address:       2.0.0.0
active source: no
vendor:        Pulse Eight
osd string:    CECTester
CEC version:   1.4
power status:  on
language:      eng

currently active source: unknown (-1)
Device #0 should be your TV. The recorder device is always there.

Did you activate Anynet+ on your TV? It's a two-step procedure on the TV:

1) Navigate to Settings > General > External Device Manager.
2) Select Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) to turn it On.

Reboot the RPi and run the same command again: 

echo "scan" | cec-client RPI -s -d 1

Let us know what you get this time.
Hi,

Anynet was already enabled on the TV, rebooted kodi and rerun

Kodi:~ # echo "scan" | cec-client RPI -s -d 1
opening a connection to the CEC adapter...
requesting CEC bus information ...
CEC bus information
===================
device #1: Recorder 1
address:       3.0.0.0
active source: no
vendor:        Pulse Eight
osd string:    CECTester
CEC version:   1.4
power status:  on
language:      eng

currently active source: unknown (-1)
Kodi:~ #
Clearly, it is not working. The more I read on this problem, the more it sounds like Samsung has a lot of issues with its implementation of CEC-HDMI. Some people manage to make it work with some devices, but only temporarily. Some recommend to unplug the TV for one minute, plug it in again and sometimes it works for a day or two. Someone got this in writing from Samsung:
Quote:"Samsung TV's, the ARC, and HDMI-CEC are not totally compatible with any non-Samsung system. To the best of our knowledge, there is not a Home Theater Receiver that our systems are totally compatble with. The problem you are having is well known but still not addressed and fixed by Samsung Engineering."
If someone on this forum had success with their RPi and a recent Samsung TV, let's hope they can give you the solution.
Well, you've been a big help anyway. At least I've got an answer even if it's not the one I wanted. I'd previously tried the plug bit, didn't work

Thanks for helping me anyway. I really appreciated your help 👍👍👍

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV controller0