TV controller
What is exact model of your Samsung TV, such that anyone could check information in User Manual?
You have not mentioned, have you already tried connecting your rpi directly to each of the available HDMI inputs on your tv?
Do we assume your using LibreELEC as your OS and latest version?
Kodi Log File?

Within Kodi GUI browse to Settings -> System -> Input -> Peripherals
  • RPI's CEC module should be listed there.
  • Enter it, and scroll down to HDMI port number/value field.
  • It will probably have '0' value.
  • Press ENTER to go into Kodi editor, modify 0 to 2 (or 1, if your RPi is connected to that TV's HDMI port)
  • Save CEC settings on exiting, and reboot RPi
  • Double-check the CEC behavior.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Input
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Hi,

It's a UE55NU7400 55
I keep settings it to "3" that's my HDMI port for it I keep clicking ok saving, I keep rebooting and everytime It defaults to 0 once rebooted.

It's openelec version 6.0.3
Perhaps you could get hold of another cheap 8GB SD for your existing rpi and install latest LibreELEC onto new SD to re-test via latest version of a clean up to date OS. (Just temporarily remove exising SD from rpi when switched off and install new SD etc)

I would also recommend disconnecting ALL exsiting HDMI devices from you new TV (to ensure no CEC related interference from any other HDMI connected devices) remove/fully disconnect mains power to TV for good 10 mins before powering up TV, checking HDMI anynet is ON before connect RPI to a HDMI connection on TV and then power UP your RPI.  (Thoughts...You should not search for an anynet connected device via TV as that is unlikley to work anyway?)

Worth a try?
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
I'll give it a go, thanks
Didn't work. Okay I give up. I just resigned myself to the fact it doesn't seem to work or is hit and miss.
Just to follow up on this... I purchased a flirc device, programmed it on a pc with the normal Samsung TV control. Plugged it into the Kodi box, on one control settings went to game box etc, selected more devices and found a flirc option on the TV. Selected it and Walla it works!

(2019-03-05, 22:37)Fatfei Wrote: Didn't work. Okay I give up. I just resigned myself to the fact it doesn't seem to work or is hit and miss.
Have you tried modifying the config_hdmi_boost setting in config.txt?

As detailed here...

https://github.com/raspberrypi/documenta...t/video.md
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Hi I have the same problem my Samsung pilot does not work with kodi.
But I think that it software problem, because this problem I met with kodi 10. and kodi 11 on raspberry pi 4
but the same pi4 and the same Samsung TV (from 2008) worked fine with kodi 7,8 till kodi 9.
even with earlier versions (xbmc) with my previous raspberry pi 1, so I think that they spoiled something in kodi 10
I can remember that with samsung pilot worked fine even with early kodi 10th version
It stopped to work when I installed some system update,
today I installed kodi 11 (libreelec) but tv pilot  still does not work with kodi, tv ANYNET recognize only recorder, but not the kodi
It works at least for me Smile

Hi, as I wrote before my problems with samsung pilot started with kodi 10th - but maybe it is not important,
I have just googled out the solution that works for me:
1. remove TV cable from the power (power off button is not enough, cause tv set has many capacitors that are charged when power cable is connected )
2. wait at least 5 seconds (all tv capacitors should be discharged)
3. plug TV power cable again, and turn on tv -> It should work without any other activities (during this operations, my raspberry pi was on - and after power reset of tv, the pilot started work with kodi at once)

notes; I suspect that problem was when I had connected raspberry via hdmi and other player via secodn hdmi, maybe it mixed up the Anynet (HDMI-CEC), and hard power reset is required.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV controller0