Kodi 18 - DVD video not deinterlacing
Hi,

I'm seeing an issue with DVDs (That are in ISO or DVD disc folder form) where the video isn't de-interlacing.  Video plays fine with 17.6.

I have tried:
  • Setting Deinterlace method to both on/off (in video settings with video playing)
  • All various Video scaling methods (in video settings with video playing)
  • Setting Render method to Software and all other methods
  • Turning Hardware accelleration - DXVA2 - on/off
  • Adjust display refresh rate off/Start stop
  • Sync playback to display (which gives me black screen and locks Kodi forcing me to force close

System:
  • AMD 2200G  (running 19.1 driver - latest) using the Vega 8 integrated graphics
  • Windows 10 64bit (lastest verison and up to date)
  • Kodi 18.0 / 18.1 64bit

Logs:
Other comments:
The problem is with ISO and DVDs still in their original folder format.  Those that have been converted to MKVs play fine.  But I have a number of DVDs ripped as is to retain menus and dont want to lose them or have to convert them all.  

Outside of this DVD issue, 18.0 and 18.1 64bit has been simply fantastic!  Video playback of other formats have been flawless!  It has corrected a number of problems I had with 17.6 with my other AMD 2200G system that required I use a specific forced driver to get certain other video types to play right.  Now I'm able to use the current video driver with 18.0/18.1 and it just works (except for the DVD interlace issue).  Thank you Kodi team!
(2019-03-03, 18:03)Rayman4449 Wrote: Hi,

I'm seeing an issue with DVDs (That are in ISO or DVD disc folder form) where the video isn't de-interlacing.  Video plays fine with 17.6.

I have tried:
  • Setting Deinterlace method to both on/off (in video settings with video playing)
  • Sync playback to display (which gives me black screen and locks Kodi forcing me to force close

System:
  • AMD 2200G  (running 19.1 driver - latest) using the Vega 8 integrated graphics
  • Kodi 18.0 / 18.1 64bit

Logs:
Other comments:
The problem is with ISO and DVDs still in their original folder format.  Those that have been converted to MKVs play fine.  But I have a number of DVDs ripped as is to retain menus and dont want to lose them or have to convert them all.  

Outside of this DVD issue, 18.0 and 18.1 64bit has been simply fantastic!  Video playback of other formats have been flawless!  It has corrected a number of problems I had with 17.6 with my other AMD 2200G system that required I use a specific forced driver to get certain other video types to play right.  Now I'm able to use the current video driver with 18.0/18.1 and it just works (except for the DVD interlace issue).  Thank you Kodi team! 
Did you ever resolve this? I also have this issue with DVDs ripped into MKV containers. It's when the Scan Type is set to Interlaced.
(2019-11-18, 11:25)probedb Wrote:
(2019-03-03, 18:03)Rayman4449 Wrote: Hi,

I have tried:

System:
  • Kodi 18.0 / 18.1 64bit

Logs:
Other comments:

Did you ever resolve this? I also have this issue with DVDs ripped into MKV containers. It's when the Scan Type is set to Interlaced. 

No not yet.  I'm having to use a portable install of 17.6 to play DVDs as a workaround.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 - DVD video not deinterlacing0