• 5(current)
XBMC for Windows, rev 13630
WiSo Wrote:xbmc.exe -p -> platform mode is used, \documents and settings\user\appdata\xbmc\userdata

xbmc.exe -> normale mode, \xbmc_install_dir\userdata

I know I read that some where before I guess I did not write that down when I did read it. Thanks for the update WiSo. I did write it down this time.

Thanks,

Dave
Just look into the FAQ it should be mentioned there. Feel free to send corrections or updates.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
The fast forward at 16x and 32x works very wired, compared to previous version. also, it seems subtitle with idx and sub format is not well supported. when you do fast forward, this type of subtitle will disappear and won't appear again until you re-play the video from the beginning. subtitle with srt format seems works fine though.
hi guys I don't have I good pc to try this, is it complete and stable as the latests xbmc for xbox releases? thanks!
First - thank you to the xbmc team - I have tried alot of mediacenter software over the years, but this is exactly what I have been looking for !!
I have a NAS server for my movie/music library, with a number of 'client' machines running on my network; Been testing the various builds and wanted to report some results across my various configurations -

General:
All WinXP, SP2
All with Rev13630
Video DB with 400+ entries (both online and offline)
Music DB with 100+ albums
Image DB with 20+ images

1. Biostar P4M80-M4, 2.4GHz, 2GB Ram
Visiontek Radeon X1300 (ATI core)
Rev13630 working with "ATI dll fix" installed in XBMC root directory (video playback worked, but image was green - no other color - without the fix); Video, Audio now appears stable.

2. Dell Dimension 2400, 2.4GHz, 1GB Ram
Intel 82845G; Blank screen when playing Video; still need to test suggested fixes for Intel graphics card.

3. VIA MII, 1.2GHz, 1GB Ram (mini itx board)
VIA S3G CLE266
XBMC Crashes upon startup; Any suggestions ? Huh

4. VIA VB7001G, 1.5Ghz, 1 GM Ram (mini itx board)
VIA S3G UniChrome Pro IGP
XBMC Starts (can hear sound), but window is completely white; I can just make out the RSS feed along the bottom of the screen; when I move the mouse across the screen I can see some very faint ghost images of parts of the skin; Re-installed with Rev12882 - see the 'splash' screen just before window goes completely white; Any suggestions ? Huh

thxs for any suggestions - I would really like to make this a common platform across all my 'clients'....
Djsnake Wrote:hi guys I don't have I good pc to try this, is it complete and stable as the latests xbmc for xbox releases? thanks!
...see the post below you. Wink

(or spend 3 minutes reading the forums)
freezer Wrote:3. VIA MII, 1.2GHz, 1GB Ram (mini itx board)
VIA S3G CLE266
XBMC Crashes upon startup; Any suggestions ? Huh

4. VIA VB7001G, 1.5Ghz, 1 GM Ram (mini itx board)
VIA S3G UniChrome Pro IGP
XBMC Starts (can hear sound), but window is completely white; I can just make out the RSS feed along the bottom of the screen; when I move the mouse across the screen I can see some very faint ghost images of parts of the skin; Re-installed with Rev12882 - see the 'splash' screen just before window goes completely white; Any suggestions ? Huh

Continuing to test; believe answering my own question - the issue with the VIA mini itx boards is the video drivers and opengl support....
WiSo Wrote:xbmc.exe -p -> platform mode is used, \documents and settings\user\appdata\xbmc\userdata

xbmc.exe -> normale mode, \xbmc_install_dir\userdata

Okay, so I'm running -fs -p with Windows XP SP3, and there is no Application Data folder in the Documents and Settings folder...I've search through All Users and my own account, and there's nothing related to XBMC at all. That said, there IS a userdata folder in the C:\program files\xbmc folder, but placing the advancedsettings.xml file in either the root or userdata folders doesn't seem to work. Is this an SP3 issue, or...?
WiSo Wrote:libdvdcss issue fixed in svn. Apparently a bug I made Oo

Does this mean ISO's and DVD's both work now only the ISO fix stopped DVD's from playing so I had to change it back?
Yes, no, I don't know Wink
Wait for the next Installer
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I get fairly high CPU usage with XBMC sitting idle or playing around with the menu

I have AMD 780G board and low power AMD x2 dual-core 4850e CPU
freezer Wrote:2. Dell Dimension 2400, 2.4GHz, 1GB Ram
Intel 82845G; Blank screen when playing Video; still need to test suggested fixes for Intel graphics card.
Just to finish the summary; searched the web and Intel site for newer drivers - no luck; Intel 82845G is too old (last driver update was 2005); scratch another configuration; This will need a replacement graphics card...On the Positive side, here is another configuration that is works -

5. Asus P4R800V-Deluxe, 3.0GHz, 2GB Ram
ATI 800X AGP;
Rev13630 working with "ATI dll fix" installed in XBMC root directory.

Thxs !
Is it possible than someone can post a .exe for me that is the latest version of XBMC for windows? I cant compile? myself....

Thanks..
Soder
Hi,
I've just installed this version of XBMC, and I see that there is no "Programs" section in the main screen.
without this section, it's impossible to run the "XBMC Plugin Installer" that allow browse and install plugins from the network.

is there any other way to access "Programs" section?

thanks,
leo
@ Soder, see here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles..._id=260464

@ zeuss,
zeuss-axis Wrote:...there is no Application Data folder in the Documents and Settings folder...I've search through All Users and my own account

The %appdata% variable folder (in Windows XP) is:

c:\documents and settings\YourUsername\Application Data

It's hidden, so if you can't see it, then, in any folder, go to tools -> Folder options -> show hidden files and folders, and it should show up.

then go to:

c:\documents and settings\YourUsername\Application Data\xbmc\userdata

and put advancedsettings.xml in there, and it should work.

-Wes
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows, rev 136300