Video play back became a mess!?!?
I reinstalled my system (MBP + Vistax86) and playing all video files became very ugly:

I have tried to change the video settings but nothing help. On this pc with VistaX64 all was fine....
btw i installed the last version XBMCSetup-Rev13630
Have up got the latest video drivers?
Hitcher Wrote:Have up got the latest video drivers?

It's not an HD problem also SD content plays the same..... I'm also not aware that drivers should be installed when using XBMC, i thought the codecs are embedded!?!?
I meant your graphic card drivers if you've done a re-install.
video device drivers (= graphic adapter/controller device drivers) has nothing to do with codecs.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I have the latest device drivers (on a fresh installed system) They have been updated with the latest bootcamp. The files play fine when i use GomPlayer, but in XBMC it's messed up. It a Radeon X1600 card..

I can't figure it out, when i turned the debugging on there was nothing pointing at codec problems. It seems that the player is not correctly detecting the area where to display the video's.
Great visualizations: Wink

After switching between drivers i found an driver that made it work out fine...

tnx 4 the support..
t029248 Wrote:After switching between drivers i found an driver that made it work out fine...

tnx 4 the support..

which driver is working for you.. i have the same problem..
For me the ATI Mobility Raden X1600
Driver data: 18-12-2007
Driver version: 8.450.0.0

I installed the BCUpdateVista32 v2.1 the must have been included in the package
Indead this update updates the video drivers too. was the same on my MBP with nvidia HW.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I am having the same problem as well with the video messing up.

I am running Vista Ultimate 64bit with a built-in ATI Radeon X1250 chipset on my Asus motherboard and using the HDMI video output. I got the latest drivers from ATI but it didnt change anything. I tried both Rev 12882 and 13630 but both mess up.

(I also installed this on another computer running XP and an ATI HD2400, and that works great)

What should I check next?
UPDATE: I used a 2nd HDD to install Window XPproSP3 without harming the Vista Ultimate 64 sp1 install. Reinstaled XBMC win32 Rev 13630, and it works great running under XP. So it appears its a driver issue with Vista64 and my ATI X1250. Maybe Vista32 might work?
pinn1 Wrote:Maybe Vista32 might work?

Nope same issue here on a Vista32 with ATI 850 GTO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video play back became a mess!?!?0