Where is the Kodi app in a jailbroken apple tv 4k file system and how to see it ?
Hello! everybody  i just jailbroke my apple tv 4k ,and can not see the Kodi app location inside the apple tv file system ,when i ssh into it with the help of  cyberduck ftp .
Are those app files hidden ? and if yes can you make them visible to the cyberduck ftp .
I know when i had  the second jailbroken generation atv ,you could make them visible through the use  of the ssh-ing into atv through terminal from a mac ,but i forgot how to do it ,if somebody would be able to point me to a link or post the exact instructions ,that would be greatly appreciated .

Also where do the apps downloaded on it show into the  jailbroken file system ? What i would like to do if its possible is to transfer the old youtube app  version that i have on the jailbroken atv 4k ,the one version with the perfect UI in my view ,not the new horrendous UI view ,of course in my opinion .
I am more of a conservative guy and don't like change for the sake of change especially when is a bad one ,but one of the apple tv was having the automatic app upgrade  on ,and it upgraded to the latest youtube version ,that i hate .

Any way to extract  the old version of the youtube app from one jailbroken atv 4k and install it in the other one ? ,both jailbroken ,of course ,and how to do that ?if anybody knows ,preferably step by step explained ,or a link where can i learn of a way to do it .Thank you!!  everybody  that can help with some info ,would be gratefully appreciated ,i would even donate a couple of bucks through pay pal ,for that help ,this shows you how much i hate the new UI version of youtube (HA! Ha! ).Thank you !
Installation path of Kodi depends on the way you installed it. So you would have to describe that first.

If in doubt you can simply search the files system for it.

ssh into the atv4
find / -name “Kodi.app”
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hello! Memphiz ,did that got this result 
root@ (/var/root)# find / -Kodi.appname
find: unknown predicate `-Kodi.appname'
root@ (/var/root)#

I know on the old jailbroken atv 2 had to do some commands through terminal to show hidden files .is this the same under the apple 4k?  ,and if yes would you be so kind to let me know those commands .
I forgot how i did it because i am not a programer ,i just did  copy-paste from somewhere ,but that was a long time ago .
is the location of the kodi app hidden ,and also i tried under cyberduck to find the youtube app on the directory ,and all the app names that i have installed on the atv 4k are no where to be found .are they hidden as well ?
I spent a lot of time opening every single folder that i could ,and not a single file that could be associated with youtube app .
Thank you ! anyway for your reply ,any other help would be much appreciated .thank you !
There was nothing hidden on appletv2 nor is something hidden on appletv4k.

Just compare the command I gave you to find the app and what you tried to put in. You got the command wrong.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Manny Thanks !! Memphiz ,success ,found it

root@ (/var/root)# appname              
-sh: appname: command not found
root@ (/var/root)# find /-name"Kodi.app"
find: '/-nameKodi.app': No such file or directory
root@ (/var/root)# find/-name"Kodi.app"
-sh: find/-nameKodi.app: No such file or directory
root@ (/var/root)# find / -name "Kodi.app"
find: '/private/var/mobile/Library/com.apple.nsurlsessiond': Operation not permitted
/private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/455C1343-6DD6-4519-A485-982FE7EC47B4/Kodi.app
root@ (/var/root)#                                                                               
  Thank you !! can i use the same command to find the location of the youtube app downloaded on my ATV 4k ,and is there any way to extract  the ipa file and transfer on my other atv 4k ? would it be possible using Xcode somehow ? to extract the  old youtube application sign it with my certificate and upload  it onto my other apple tv? Thank you !! for your help .Much appreciated .
No idea - no time to support non kodi related stuff here.
O.k no hard feeling ,appreciate the help given with finding the location of lodi in the directory ,i learned a good command to be used .Thank you !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where is the Kodi app in a jailbroken apple tv 4k file system and how to see it ?0